Wednesday, November 12, 2008

crochet

I've always been able to crochet - my great nan showed me how to make crochet squares when I was very young. In the last year or so I have picked it up again, I found all my old cottons and hooks in the loft and downloaded some knew patterns from the Internet. The only trouble was I found some of the patterns very hard to follow. I think they were possibly American where the stitch abbreviations do not mean what they mean in a UK pattern.
Last week, whilst shopping with a friend I picked up this book, the
trims really appealed to me, for my Christmas journal (found here - if you haven't considered it yet!) and it had lots of super flowers in it, you'll be pleased to hear.
Here are the results so far:
The trims look fab, a little misshapen in this picture, but I'm sure that when they are fixed down they will be nice and straight. Next I need to do some bead shopping, mmmmm......trims with dangley beads!!
The small yellow flowers are the ones I normally make for layouts etc. The big yellow one was in this book too. Surprising how quick they are to make when you have the right pattern. Anyone need any flowers???

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely Louise and very fashionable at the moment on LOs! I can crochet but haven't for a while, not since I made baby blankets for my
    granddaughter I think! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...