Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This is why I scrapbook....

Back in January, while I was still working on JYC, Shimelle posted a project on her blog "This is why I scrapbook". After having a look at her project and all the competition entrants I knew I wanted to have a go....So after pinching (although I'd like to think of it more as a "compliment" to those people that came up with the fabulous idea's!) ideas from all the talented posted entrants (which you can find here!) I was ready.

Taking advantage of a week off work to recover from a chest infection I settled down with the following items to create my mini book:-
1. 7x5 Zutter Bind it all Cover All
2. 7x5 Zutter Bind it all acrylic tabbed pages
3. Some old tags I've been harbouring for a while
4. Literally all those odd bits and pieces of patterned paper.
5. Bits of ribbon and string
6. and some paint.

Here it is:
My Story - My Memories
The front cover - not sure what happened to this oh so small photo!
Why OH Why!!....
1st Page - this is one of the scrap-lifted ideas that I love, using a bingo card as a page.
The inside
.....do I scrapbook.....this is why}...
oopps my bracket has fallen off! its supposed to be after the "why"!

"For Us"

"and them"

" for ME"
"and to remember moments like these"




Now i'm ready to start Shimelle next class "Something from almost nothing"
Thank you for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous book Louise! I wish I had done that one now, although I still could I suppose if I got myself organised lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lou, your book looks fab. Bring it with you next week, so I can have a closer look please??!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book. Lots of work and dedication. Cute photo of your boys. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise this is simply beautiful, I wish I had done this too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply beautiful Louise, what a great record.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!! What supplies did you use to create the actual book? I would love to have a go at creating something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning as always Louise. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a stunning book - I did see the class but never got any further than that. You have inspired me to add it to my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your kind comments.
    Rachael i used a mix of scraps of paper i've had a while...college press, MME and Bo Bunny...think they may have been some Love Elsie too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...