Sunday, May 30, 2010

Celebrate....being 40

Last month I celebrated a birthday, usually I love birthdays, this one though I really didn't want to celebrate. So instead of throwing a party, I did toy with the idea........we went away..... I was secretly hoping that if we went away I wouldn't turn 40! What a sorry state to get yourself into!!

Needless to say I had a lovely day, the one good thing about being 40 was all the pressies.......I don't think I've had such a fuss made in years.

Its not very often I scrap about myself, so while I'm still able to remember my 40th I put together this 6x12 mini book. This book was inspired by one of Shimelle's online classes and you'll see I've used some of her down loadable accents.

(Remember the flower I made here)

MM 8x8 papers, ribbon from a present and birthday cake. Shimelle journalling card.

To finish off my birthday, my good friend Nicola arranged a "SURPRISE" evening out with all my lovely friends....and to think that 5 years ago, before we moved to the country, I never knew any of them. I had no idea at all, not even an inkling, it really was a complete surprise, I still can't believe they all kept it so quite!!.....and you know being 40 really isn't that big a deal......I don't feel any older......just look it....hahahaha!!

So there it is, a book made "something from almost nothing" my only purchase was the MM patterned papers which were 8x8 and I split the pack with a friend, so even more money was saved.
One last thing before I go if you haven't been following Christine Middlechamps tutorial over on her blog, you might wish to have a look. This project I love and I can't wait to get some dollies so I can put my 12 x12 frame to good use.

4 comments:

  1. Louise this is simply gorgeous - I just so love your style. Haven't scrapped for months - lost mojo - but feeling inspired after looking at this. Forty really isn't bad wait til your in my shoes and knocking on the door at the other end LOL LOL xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the book, makes me want to finish mine now. happy birthday for last month, wait till you reach 50 that's when you start to feel really old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful reminder of your special birthday Louise! I don't know about knocking on the door of the other end like Karen, I have opened it and gone through lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fabulous! I am only 2 years away from 40 myself (well 2 years and 13 days (roughly))!

    I love your little mini book and I REALLY love how you used that sizzix felt flower!!! How totally awesome is that little fella on that mini!

    HUGS and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...