Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Meet Sylvia......

.....she was born in 1975 and resides in the bottom of my wardrobe, this is only her second (or maybe third) time out.

I inherited Sylvia from my nan, I have no idea if my nan had her from brand new or whether she acquired her years later.
Sylvia still has her original manual....

and she sews straight and zig zag stitch just fine. Although I need a lot more practise to sew in a straight line. This was my first, proper, attempt to sew on a layout......


It didn't help that I glimmer misted the card stock first for some shine and in the process warped the card slightly. The patterned paper and card is by KI, not sure where the chipboard letters are from but these have also been glimmer misted for some sparkle.

Best get off now to sort out and label the school uniform for tomorrow....I can't believe I've left it all so late....

2 comments:

  1. say hello to Sylvia for me, I'm sure I knew her once!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog Louise. This sewing machine brought back some great memories - it's very like the one I learnt to sew on. I'm a big fan of sewing on layouts and I love what you've done - don't worry about wonky lines at all, it really adds charm and dimension :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...