Sunday, November 28, 2010

Failure....

For one reason or another I haven't managed to blog this past week or so.
I failed Week 2 of my photograph challenge. I did attempt the challenge........but the photos really were shocking and certainly not for sharing, unlike Karen's photo's!! If you'd like to see how the professionals do it, then Karen's week 2 amazing water play photos are here.

In fact my water attempt was soooo annoying that I got very frustrated, after an hour or so I had a look around to see what else I could photograph, when these caught my eye.
Week 3 was the moon. The idea was to use the moon as your lighting source as apposed to photos of the moon........you did hear me say in the last post that I was feeling out of my depth *laugh* this was certainly one of them moments!! With a failed week 2 and a *big big swallow* when I read week 3......oh my......is this photo project going to keep me on my toes. If nothing else I hope that after a year of weekly photos, I can see an improvement in my photography.

Again I failed to use the moon as my lighting source but I did get some moon shots. They're not brilliant as I was very very reluctant to brave the elements *shiver* It has been freezing here this week a -5 today.

This is what I came up with....
As you can see I was trying to be a little creative with the old twigs in the shots, although I'm not so sure now looking at them again if I should have done this.

I'd like to redo both week 2 and week 3 of the challenge, but I think it needs to warm up a little first.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are being very hard on yourself! Any photo that records a scene you like is a photo worth taking, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Louise those shots are brilliant, I have never managed to get anything that resembles the surface of the moon just a shining blob. Don't put yourself down so -at least you did it which is more than I did - I blame the clouds myself!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the imaage of the seed head as well, fantastic dof it really stands out from the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the imaage of the seed head as well, fantastic dof it really stands out from the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't venture a -5 day either. Matter of fact I get cold with anything below 70-ISH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...