Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December 1st

Today is the first day of December, it doesn't seem that long ago that we packed the decorations away....

With the 1st of December brings Shimelle's Journal your Christmas..........an annual project which has become something of a tradition now. This is my fourth Christmas journal and my all-time favourite project. Pop across to Shimelle's blog to find out more.....it's not too late to join in.

This year I thought I'd try something new. I purchased Ali Edwards digital overlays for my photos so that this years main focus in my journal is the photographs. Here's day one......not being the best on a PC it took me many an hour to get this overlay on the photo. Now I know how to do it I'll be on a roll *laugh*

Once I have put this photo in place, the opposite page will hold the accompanying journalling. Whilst I do use some of Shimelle's prompts I find that the journal over the last 2 years has become somewhat of a daily diary, recording all the things we do in December. The journalling for today will record the recovery of my 12 year old nephew who has been in hospital for the past 10 days. No-one could have guessed that on the 1 December George would be in hospital recovering from a serious infection in his hip joint. He has been on IV antibiotics every day since being admitted and underwent surgery last Wednesday. It has been a stressful and nerve racking time for all the family and especially for my sister and brother in law. I can't think of a better way to enter December knowing that he is now on the road to recovery and will hopefully be home this weekend. We all love you George.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm glad he's feeling better. When I was 12 I ended up in hospital for 3 weeks, just after Christmas, with an infection in my knee. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 4 years, I don't think I have enough discipline to keep it up for 1 year! Glad that your nephew is doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing the progress of your journal. I'm glad your Nephew is on the mend, it's so worrying when a loved one is unwell, fingers crossed for you he'll be home for Christmas x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...