Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Grease is the word......is the word.......is the word

We popped into town today and while I was there I wanted to see if the charity shop sold records........my friend Jackie made a lovely holiday album from a double LP and this got me thinking about using a record for a scrapbook project.

So off I go into the charity shop in search of an LP. Col and the boys wait outside and I find a tub with just a few records in it. I had a quick flip through to see if I could find something awful that I wouldn't mind defacing and found this!!! ..........I handed over £1.

Col asked me if I managed to get one and with a big smile of my face I revealed my LP. I thought I'd get a groan instead I was surprised with his response ......."you can't cut that up, that's a classic....I'll find you a rubbish one from the ones in the loft!!" I'm not sure what surprised me the most, the not cutting up a Grease album or admitting that he may have brought a rubbish LP in his youth!!

It's funny how a small thing can bring back so many memories and be the topic of discussion......and singing and dancing.....for the rest of the day. Technology has changed so much, we had to explain to the boys what a record is, how it works and that their late Grandad used to press records for a living. Plus it was the first film I remember seeing at the pictures as a kid. In 1981 my mum agreed to take me to the cimema to see Grease, she told me she didn't think I'd understand the story line............since that day though Grease has been one of my all time favourite movies.....I had the Grease album on Tape and can remember playing it over and over and over.......

Grease is the word
It's got groove it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place is the motion
Grease is the way we are feeling


2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw this post it made me smile - I love Grease and no you can't cut it up lol. As you say so many memories in that one album cover. My two went through a phase of playing it every day about 6yrs ago, it was great then as well. Look forward to see what you do with the rubbish LP Colin finds for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - this made me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...