Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pretty Butterflies

As promised earlier today here's what I've been up to this weekend. I've seen loads of these and really wanted to do one to hang in the hallway, which still has bare walls after decorating it before Christmas.

I used the patterned paper range from K&Co called Poppy Seeds, there's a few other scraps thrown in there too. The colours complement the hall. The box frame I picked up in Ikea (and Jackie, if you read this I'm very tempted to get started on your frame too *laugh*)


When the lighting is a little better I'll take another photo as this one doesn't do it justice, but I'm sure you get the gist. Now all that's left to do is convince the husband *sigh* that this will indeed look great hanging in the hall!

I wanted to say thank you to all of you that commented on my Shimelle Sketch Post about my red crocheted flower. I'll post how I made it soon.....it's made up of three pieces, two circles and a flower.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Louise, I want one. Colin has got to agree, it is well worth wall space. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks fab! I am so tempted to try one myself. Just need to persuade DH that we 'need' a trip to Ikea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, this is so pretty - I saw one in a magazine the other day and it was over £100!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful, makes me want to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog... I'm on the road to recovery at last! Woohoo! This frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. Love this, I have seen them too and been meaning to have a go! Yours is Fab! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this just gorgeous! i love the greens and the black together...Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...