Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Shimelle Sketch

Have you seen Shimelles sketch of the week?

Last night I thought I'd give it a go. Using a sketch always gives me a starting point. The finished layout normally looks nothing like the sketch I used, so this time I tried my hardest to stick to it. These are two more holiday photos and the first photo is one of my holiday favorites, I love the way Stan is leaning into his brother.

Some more K & Co patterned papers, MME alpha and my very own crocheted flower circle with a brad in the middle.
This is my next photo to scrap. I'll see how this evening goes as to whether I get an hour or so.


Before I go I thought I'd share a little conversation with you.
A little chat between a dad and his boys was one that I imagine most parents have with their children at some time or other, this was a general chat which went something along the lines of "if you work hard at school, you'll leave and get a good job, earn lots of money and have a nice life. Life is hard......."

Jack (age 8) pipes up with " yes dad.....it's harder than Maths"

11 comments:

  1. this lovely, love the colours

    bugger now I'm going to have a go......lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO! ... kids say the funniest things lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab LO - I think I may have a go at this one as it's a great sketch, I love the crochet flower - I'm still learning to crochet at the mo but I might be brave and have a go at these as theyre so cute - are they hard to make?
    Dont you just love little ones they come out with the funniest things that make you cry with laughter. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! those papers are fab and the splash of red from that GORGEOUS handmade flower. You will have to show us a tutorial of how to make it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the papers and that flower is gorgeous - never mastered crocheting. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! It's a great sketch for showing off a couple of favourite papers. And yes, tell us how you made the flower. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layout and I love the start of the next one! I hope you managed to get some time to scrap :) Kids say the funniest things, ours often have us falling over with laughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, the papers you've used look great with the holiday photos. I love your crocheted flower, I'm tempted to have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like starting with a sketch too. And I love how you put those patterened papers together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the crochet flower Louise, think I might use that sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love what you did with the sketch- the colours and textures on your page are so lovely!
    I just wanted to let you know... your page is featured on this blog post:
    http://www.shimelle.com/paper/917/scrapbooking-sketch-of-the-week/
    Thanks so much for participating in the weekly sketch! (Sorry for being so late posting everyone's pages!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...