Thursday, April 14, 2011

Leaving London

Just over six years ago we made a decision to upsticks and move to the country, not a decision we made lightly. It meant leaving behind everything I ever knew, plus my family and friends.

The photo on this layout was taken at our farewell, family meal in what was our local Indian Restaurant. It pictures Harry and his cousin George, now here are two boys who, I think, are like chalk and cheese..... but they get on so so well. Only ten months between them and when they are together they are always laughing. I have many photos of them together, laughing, and really should scrap a few more.

I used the sketch from Sarah's cards, with the Crate Paper Neighbourhood papers and stickers, and one of those trusted tags, which I'm loving at the moment (can you tell!).


Thanks for popping by.

15 comments:

  1. Hiya Louise,
    I love the papers on this layout and how cute are the little houses and bunting.
    What a huge move you made you brave thing, I think i'd poop my pants at the thought of it.
    Take Care Hun - Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO and the papers seem to go so well with the photo and story re the LO. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and totally agree on the tag thing! I kind of did the opposite; moved from the country to London. I love it but I know I'll got back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, this is a GORGEOUS layout. I love everything about it! And with such a bitter sweet story to it too. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a lovely LO, really striking with bright colours and fantastic embellishments I hope to amke something as beautiful one day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another winner LO Louise. I love Crate Paper.
    I did a move from California to Oklahoma many years ago. That was hard to leave family. Funny thing is we are all in Texas now. Go Figure. Life is FuNnY that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the colours and sweet bunting and houses. Lovely, fun photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page, love the colours of the papers and the composition of it all :) gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page Louise! The bunting looks great and I really love how you have used the little houses along the bottom. Hope you enjoyed using the sketch and thanks for taking part.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this page! and the adorable bunting x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page, love the colours and the little houses and bunting...the tags are good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super page, great colours and layers, Love the tag too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this layout, cant believe i missed it

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the papers in this layout and the way it is all put together. We did something similar 5 years ago, our move from town to village is the best thing we ever did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...