Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photo a week

It's Sunday again and time to post my photo of the week. The topic this week was High Key, Karen sent me a link to this flickr group to give me an idea of what type of photo I was aiming for. I found this tutorial which showed me how to achieve a High Key photo. I don't have any studio lighting so I had to rely on the sun.....luckily we've had plenty this past week.

Meg was my willing model, I promised her some pretty papers and glue if she helped me out and she willingly obliged...bless her!

So this is what I came up with.
Converting this one to black and white helped a little with the shadows the sun was casting. The trouble was Meg arrived with a pretty red bow in her hair and I wanted to capture the vibrant colour in the High Key photo.
Then I played around with the highlights and fill lights in the photo editing program and came up with this, it's probably not technically correct.....but I liked it!!
On Good Friday we spent the day at a family BBQ so I tried to get some more practice in with my beautiful nephew.....between the beer, the food and the dancing!

With a High Key photo your subject is to stand in front of a white background far enough away not to cast a shadow. This wasn't so easy to achieve with my nephew laying on a blanket in the garden. So although I love both these photos the background isn't what it's supposed to be.

awww he is soooo soooo gorgeous!!!

I've just spoken to Karen and she has some computer problems at the mo, hopefully she'll sort it out and post her photographs very soon.

It's hard to believe that we only have one more day at home and then it's back to school and work for a few days!

6 comments:

  1. fantastic photos Louise, I'd love to be good at photography but rarely take my setting off auto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, love the lightened exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, all of your photos turned out beautifully. I love the different effects. Lots of inspirational scrapping there.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Louise, these are amazing! Very, very scrappable..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics! I love the effects! Hope u've had a fab Bank Holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos, gorgeous children. Hope you had a lovely easter xxx thanks for commenting on my blog, and the feed back

    angie x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...