Saturday, April 02, 2011

Travel in Style

Shimelle's sketch of the week

and my interpretation!! Nothing like it, I know!!
I started off with the sketch by turning it on its side as the photo I wanted to use was portrait and not landscape. I did some layering with an assortment of patterned papers......
.....and made this wheel. Inspired again by one of the flowers on Shimelle's layout for this sketch. It reminds me a little of a wheel on a stage coach....can you see that too *laugh*
The twine around the button I saw on layouts here and here. I hope dapfnie.design doesn't mind that I tried this out - it does look very effective.

It's a bright day here today so I'm hoping it'll last, enjoy your weekend and I'll be back tomorrow with my photo of the week. It's portrait this week, so all I need to do is find a willing subject....and that may well mean I have to resort to bribery!

8 comments:

  1. Great page Louise, love how you have used the butterfly punch waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I love your LO. And your twine button is very cute. I have been seeing that around several places so your very LO fashion forward. Have a great week, can't wait to see your portrait photo.
    p.s. thanks for all of your lovely comments. I'm telling people that I have a friend overseas now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a bit of bribery hehe

    I'm loving that fresh looking colour scheme there - it looks so right at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Page, especially love all the layering and texture! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty honored you grabbed the idea with the twine! And it's absolutely ok - actually I'm sure I'm not the inventor of this technique ;-)
    Your layout is brilliant and I absolutely love the blues on the page! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page, I love the layered patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours and all that layering is brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout, I love the wheel and the pop of the yellow paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...