Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Butterfly frame

You know I said I was struggling to make cards, well while I was off work I set about finding some inspiration. There is so much inspiration in the world of blogging, with so many talented people making cards.......I came across cards that were far too complex for me, others that required printing or stamping images and then colouring in......

Mostly I wanted to find a card that inspired me to create using up some of my scraps. I found after shuffling lots of papers around that I really couldn't bear to cut up a pretty patterned paper for a card!! is that weird do you think?

There is a blog I have been following for a while now and she makes very pretty colourful cards and projects, I scrolled through her blog and found this photo frame.

I scrolled back further and found these butterfly's.....

......the card making was soon forgotten......

......I was on a mission now to make another frame......

...... Earlier in the year I made this one .....

.......now it has been joined by this one......

I got in a bit of a pickle trying to photograph it...sunshine and shadows not helped by the glass,
hoping you get the gist.

The girls loved it on Saturday, so hopefully there will be a few more springing up.

I want to personally thank the very talented Wendy at My Ordinary Life in a Crafty World, for keeping me inspired and giving me ideas while I was nursing my (very stupid) neck.

9 comments:

  1. It's totally lovely! I follow Wendy's blog too but I've not made anything yet. Feel an inspiration coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is totally gorgeous! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! I love love love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! Just yesterday I made a card with a butterfly and I discovered, like you have with this pretty one, is what a great base they make for a bit of layering

    ReplyDelete
  5. have been having trouble posting Louise so trying this way, love the butterfly frame, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous,layering is fabby!!!

    love Wendy's blog too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Louise!! I love all things butterflies! You have me itching to do another frame now lol, I have loads waiting to be done because I can't resist buying them to decorate and then don't get around to them lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frame is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...