Monday, May 30, 2011

Butterfly mad

The world has gone crazy with butterfly's.....or is it just us crafters? Shimelle posted recently about a Jenny Bowlin butterfly stamp and if you'd like to win some butterfly goodness then all you need to do is leave a comment on her post.

A friend of mine is due to have a baby within the next couple of weeks so I thought I'd share some butterfly love with her and make another frame for her nursery. She loved it!
Only you might notice that this butterfly looks exactly the same as the one I made here..... with the black frame.....and that could be because it is!! I'm such a "Der", it frightens me *laugh*. The photos I posted here were ones I took when I made the frame. When
I made my friends one I ended up swapping the butterflies over. I hope you agree that they look so much nicer in their correct frames.

This is how my frame now looks now..

It's ready and waiting to be hung on the wall!!

What a wash out Bank Holiday Monday has been, it has rained here all day....on the plus side we have all been huddled up on the sofa with the popcorn watching a DVD. Lets hope the rest of half term week is warm and dry!

8 comments:

  1. Popcorn and DVD's make a great treat!

    Your butterflies are beautiful. I think I might give in and order that big JBS stamp, care to join me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your friend will love it and it will fantastic on the nursery wall. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. will send the sun your way, lucky friend! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those framed butterflies are super fantastic. I love them. I also liked your picture of the week. I will be watching them more closely now because I just got a grown-up camera for my birthday. I have lots to learn! Have a great week Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the butterfly what a gorgeous gift.

    can i ask where you got that scalloped heart, the one with the holes in, its fab and WANT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These butterflies are so beautiful, I love all the dimension! Every layer is pretty, especially the scalloped hearts. I'm sure your friend will love it! x

    P.S. have you seen my giveaway?: http://bit.ly/j3YSwi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...