Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Card making.....

I've been lucky enough, recently to have won some banana frog stamps. I have used them on some layouts as a accent, but really wanted to use them individually so they are noticed. The only way to do this, I felt, was to make some cards.

Now card making and me simply don't go together, I love the idea of making my own cards, in fact I have a huge pile of blank cards in the cupboard just waiting to be used.... I just cannot create anything that I think is nice enough to send to someone. Why is making a card so hard??

This one needs a happy birthday (or something!) on it.
(The banana frog stamps are from the Superlicious set and the Winter Wonderland Christmas set)

This card used ink and the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. This card I quite like, think it's the butterfly bling!

After I'd made these Sian made this post and I liked it, was inspired and it got me thinking (also because I've just placed an order for the 4x6 page protectors too).....so lets see if I can make a small card to tell a story!

I'm going to take a break for a week or so, I will still post my photo on Sunday, and hopefully I'll be back with some......er....cards......and the other projects I really need to finish.

5 comments:

  1. I think your cards are lovely Louise but also feel just like you about making cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And after I did my post this morning I came here and saw what you have been up to! You definitely can make cards you know :). In fact, I'm going to scroll back up for another look..

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with after your break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky u! I never win anything!!! hehehe! Fab cards btw! I've never made a card yet!.....one day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Louise, love the butterfly one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely Louise, just think of them as mini-layouts!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...