Friday, May 13, 2011

Looking Good

Sometimes everything just goes to pot and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been nursing a bad neck for over a week now, it turns out that my stiff neck sent my neck muscle into a spasm and I have to say it is very, very painful.....although I can move it now which is an improvement. So all the things I had planned to do had to be put on the back burner.

With that said I have had a productive, if not slow, week of scraping. There wasn't much else I could do. If I sat and watched telly I feel asleep, a side effect of the medication this also meant I couldn't drive, which is just as well as I couldn't turn my head. House work was a no no!! (such a shame!) So I sat in the dinning room, soaking up the sun and made a few things.

This is Stanley, Looking Good, in his wedding best! Amazingly we were allowed to take photos in the church, so I took some of the boys sitting in the pew in front of us and of them singing the hymns.
excuse the BBQ cover in the picture. Stanley took these photos for me (and then I cropped them to make then more presentable!).....until now I hadn't realised how much pressure I put on my neck taking a photo. I must get into some funny bent positions!!!


Last week I took part in Shimelle's sketch of the week challenge and she has shown my layout on her blog (top row, number three). After feeling rather restricted all week this cheered me up no end.

I'm hoping the weather stays fine this weekend, wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. You just don't realise how much you use certain parts of your body until they hurt. I like the tones of brown you have used on here, esp the dotty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your neck is easier soon, love your page I agree with Alana love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Page, love the colours together. Hope your neck is better soon. I suffered with a painful neck last year caused by whiplash in an accident so know a little of how you are suffering! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your neck is soon better Louise, love the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a wonderful page !!!!I hope your neck getting better....!!!!
    Thanks for your lovely words in my blog!!!You are so nice.
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get some relief from the pain soon - I had a similar thing in my back and it was v painful so I can empathise. Love the colours on the layout and the flower made with the brown paper as it's not too girly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise, thanks for stopping by my blog. That layout is fab and I hope your neck feels better soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise, that is no fun at all :( My dh suffers from back pain and I know how painful it can be - hope you feel a lot better soon. Your layout is fab - and I love how you have photographed it too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better and your neck is on the mend. Great Lo, thank goodness you could still scrap xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Louise I just had a quick scroll down and you have done some stunning layouts recently, I am sorry I have missed them, I never seem to have much time to go blog hopping recently!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...