Sunday, May 29, 2011

Photo of the week

HELLOOOOO THERE.....

.....SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING BUT I'VE SPENT TODAY WITH THESE IN MY EARS.....

BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN HERE

AND IT WAS SO SO NOISY!!

but oh my was it a super day, we all loved it and even though we were extremely wind swept and the noise not only hurt our ears but at times made our whole bodies shudder....it fitted perfectly with this weeks photo subject.......Action!!

Before I share my photos though I wanted to say a huge congratulations to Karen who was the subject of her action shot this week. She raised money today by abseiling over Falmouth Maritime Museum. One very brave lady. Well done Karen.


I do like motorbike stunt drivers, last year we saw Craig Jones, today it was Zoltan Angyal, former stunt riding world champion (so I'm told!).
Look......no hands and no front wheel, that must take some doing!
Then there were the monster trucks......this was one of my favorite photos, the body of the truck is in focus and the rest is blurred.
Jason Smyth a Quad Bike stunt rider. This photo gives you an idea of the height of the jump, he was coming off a ramp onto the top of a truck. I was sitting on a high bank to get this photo.

Then onto my favorite part of the day, the drag racing.....and the most difficult to photography. these cars and bikes were ...........vroooommmmm............far to quick for me to catch even shooting on continuous. Most of the vehicles were traveling at over 200 mph in less than 7.5 seconds...........that is fast and NOISY!

I chose this photo as it has Col and Harry in it and amazingly two drag bikes. It also gives you some idea of how close to the action we were.

4 comments:

  1. great action photos Louise, looks like you had a good day, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a fab day and great photos!! Thank you for the birthday wished, at the moment I am the only one up everyone else is still asleep. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great action shots in there - I'll be looking out to see how you scrapbook them.

    My noise of choice comes from Formula One!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos - looks like you had a great day. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...