Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Dance....

....the gay gordon - does anyone have memories of this dance? I'd love to hear them.

It was a hot summers day (in April) all the family were together, there was BBQ food and birthday cake, wine beer...........and an old record player!

You'd be amazed at what my dad has hiding in his garage.

The record player was pulled out into the garden and the big and little (mostly the big) boys rooted through dad's record collection. I wonder how many of you still have yours?

I'd forgotten what a record player sounded like, all those crackles...brilliant!! We could have been at our very own tea dance. All that was missing was the garden bunting. I need to sort that out ready for next time.

My mum danced the Viennese Waltz (layout to follow) and my nephew danced the gay gordon with his grandad.

A good day was had by all.

lily bee papers from May's gotta craft kit and see the date stamp, its from catslife press. I was lucky enough to win this over on Nora's blog.
We're still clicking on photos to make them clear!

Hope everyone is having a good week, I'm off to bed now ready for my 5am start in the morning. On the plus side tomorrow is my last day for the week.

9 comments:

  1. the layout is really lovely, I think I've danced the gay gordon before, a long time ago
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layering on this layout - it is so effective. I have danced many a gay gordon - it's the only Scottish dance that everyone gets up to do at weddings! The dance floor is always packed - I can remember being twirled so fast by my no-so-gentle husband into a table of drinks at one wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this LO! Gr8 colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! i love what you have done with the Lilybee - it looks fantastic!

    No I don't think I've ever danced that one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, my hubby still has literally hundreds of records!! (they take up sooo much freaking space!) Gorgeous layout, I love the clustering :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! i love that printed Kraft tag! cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to do the 'Gay Gordon' when I was at primary school, we had to learn it in our country dancing classes. Now you have woken that memory I shall be hearing that music in my head all evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't the Gay Gordans a Scottish dance? No I haven't ever danced it. Some of the best layouts have the best memories attached and yours is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! The memories! I was sadly a child brought up in many a Butlins holiday camp where it was compulsory to learn it. I still remember it now and shall have that darn music in my head now. Great layout and I love the different letterings. Da da da di da!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...