Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wish you were here

Good afternoon to you all....the summer holidays are flying by and so far I've only managed to complete one layout.....always the way when I have a head full of ideas!

These past few weeks I've been reading Julie's excellent going postal series over at Notes on Paper....and I've been itching to find the the stamp collection I inherited all those years ago as a small child......I remember spending many an hour sorting through and putting them into books but I don't actually remember "collecting stamps". So on Friday a search of the loft began and I did find my small box of stamps. The books I've left up there for another time.

The box, a little worse for wear, my name scrawled all on the inside, is vintage apparently after I saw one here.I sorted and sorted and found a selection which I think will suit the holiday layouts I'm planning to create.

Using Shimelle's sketch challenge I made the first page for my holiday album including 6 gorgeous stamps.
hope you are all enjoying your Sunday afternoon I need to go and check the roast potatoes ..... dinner is smelling nice!!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, love it! The colours, the stamps, the layers. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise. What a beautiful page - and such a great use of your stamp collection! I am so happy you managed to find your box of posty treasures! Wow.

    It's pinned to the Going Postal board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/going-postal/

    Thanks so mcuh for finding time to join in.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page and the stamps look great! What a great little box of treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find! It's a beautiful page Louise and I'll be hopping over to admire it on Julie's Pinterest board in a minute too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came over from the pinterest board to tell you how beautiful your page is! From the photo to the title, to the stamps everything works together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea, I've got loads of stamps gathering dust Lovely layout too Louise
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise, Your LO is beautiful. Well put together and the colors are gorgeous. Makes me wish I were there too. I love a good beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm what a lovely layout, love the colours and what a great use for those stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO Louise. I have a huge collection of stamps, never thought to use any for scrapping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab idea with the stamps...I used to collect stamps as my Grandad was an avid collector...I guess mine must be in the loft somewhere...beautiful LO love the colours and the stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours and those letters are just fab!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...