Thursday, September 22, 2011

Converse...All Star

 Have you something in your scrap stash that you've saved for years and years?

Well last night I was trying to work out how long I've had this chipboard Converse boot. The boot came on a pair of converse boots I brought Col years and years ago....he only wore them once or twice and eventually sold them on Ebay.  So I reckon the boot must be at least 8 years old, if not older.
 
 A little paint, splash of mist, some jean fabric and some scraps of paper and this is what I came up with.
 
Jack picked some Converse All Stars in the summer holidays and they were a perfect match for the boot I'd been harboring all these years. I used the chipboard circle for the title and journaled about Jacks determination to lace up the shoes even though the laces were so short there was hardly anything to grab to tie.


Thank you again for all your wonderful comments on the post below. I'll be sure to share my very first DT layout with you very very soon.

In the meantime Sarah is celebrating her new DT by offering you 15% of all orders placed between now and 11pm tomorrow evening Friday 23 at SJ Crafts. Just enter Team5 in the discount code box and remember there is free postage on all orders over £15......happy shopping.

10 comments:

  1. Very creative - see it was worth keeping for all those years. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great LO Louise, love that converse, it was well worth keeping :) Love the LO, great layering and grungy feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout Louise, love the trainer and the material! Ahem I may have a few things I have been hoarding, I mean saving for the right layout for years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Converse chipboard is perfect!!! I love the ruffled and stapled paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout! And I know a girl round here who would just love a pair of converse just like those ones!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my post last night. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know me, I love anything with denim on! You've just proved the theory of why I never throw anything away because one day there really WILL be a perfect spot on the perfect layout for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this lo!! All the texture and different layers is fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your DT I will go and check it out - well deserved as I love your LOs :) This one is great - really like the fabric and I've just got DS a pair of converse as Dr Who wore them :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations in your DT !!! I love this page and all the texture and different layers look so great !!!You are a very talented girl !!!
    Thanks for always coming to my blog and leave so many nice and sweet comments.
    You make me a very happy person.
    I wish a wonderful weekend.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Louise, thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog (via Daphne's blog)! I love this layout and your question made me laugh - what scrapper hasn't saved bits and bobs for the perfect layout? I know I have! Great photos of your family today too.

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...