Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remember....

Following on from my last post, this is the second layout created with the gorgeous Echo Park paper
This past week Stan and Jack have asked many a question about why we wear poppies. They have spoken about it at school and observed the 2 minute silence twice.  We've had lots of discussions about the world wars too. To help put words into pictures I searched through all my photos and found this photo of my great grandfather and great grandmother.

........What we know......

.......is that my great grandfather was in the Welsh Regiment and on the 12 July 1916, age 29, he lost his life at the Battle of the Somme. He left behind his wife and two daughters (all shown in the photo). Less than one month later on the 8 August 1916 my grandmother (Nan) was born.
  Shortly after having my Nan, my great grandmother passed away too, so my Nan grew up without ever knowing her parents.

There is so much I'd like to know about my Nan's young life but sadly she passed away when I was a young child so I know very little about her only what my mum had told me!









.....Before I go I'd like to share the full layout from my previous post.

8 comments:

  1. These papers and embellies are perfect for the heritage page...love the other LO too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on the SJ blog I think you heritage page is awesome!!! It really makes me wish I had more photos like that! The papers are perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages, so important to tell the younger generation about rememberance day. Love the second one with the moustaches. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that your boys are so interested in the history of the poppy, and that you can link it so directly into your own family history. The second layout is hilarious - maybe it will inspire them to grow moustaches when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning photograph! And you have paired it with the perfect paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise that is so sad and demonstrates the importance of telling our children about remembrance day. Have you tried doing any family research on your family? It can be amazing what info you can find.
    Gorgeous pages as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts, I especially like the one about your great-grandfather. I've been talking to my grandparents a lot recently to try and get their life stories, and have started making digi pages about them. Your layout is really classy. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...