Tuesday, November 22, 2011

White Space

 I have to admire the white space scrappers amongst us........

I've often start out with a layout and think "lots of space"....I do like the look.... but somehow I move papers around my page and end up filling the whole page.

So when I came across this layout by Tessa Buys.....I scrap lifted it (I hope Tessa doesn't mind!)....and tried to keep it just so!

The photo was taken back in the summer, there's not many of Harry and me together now.....he's getting to that age!!
It's taking a while but today I am feeling in the Christmas mood...... I have started my shopping, I always feel better when the present buying is under way, and last night I finished making my 
christmas cards and tags. We have my mum's 60th birthday celebrations at the weekend and my sisters too (not 60th celebrations- oh my I hope she doesn't read this! :) ) after then it will be full steam ahead with all the Christmas preparations......

ho ho ho don't you just love Christmas?...
...I know I do!!

13 comments:

  1. Fab page Louise! I love all the white space and the little bits of misting are great! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, and Tessa's too!!! So mcuh detail and lots to take in! I've made a start on Christmas shopping too so starting to get into the season here too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I love that LO especially the hearts, I might have to scraplift you!! I also love Christmas tho not really done much shopping yet and not written any cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to embrace white space, but I use it a lot now...love your LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job with the white space! I love the background paper you used and the little details you added on the edges! Oh how I wish I was organized enough to have my Christmas shopping under way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this page! I really do like woodgrain. I am getting in the mood, there is always so much preparation isn't thereÉ

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this page, glad you are getting ahead with Christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, the same thing happens to me! I love white space but I struggle to leave it there. You have chosen wonderful restraint here - perfect white space Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the glittering season is soon upon us at school where everything and its inhabitants go home sparkling. You sound very organised....puts me to shame:( Anyhow, loveing the white space but I think like me you like a little patterned paper to break it up a bit. The little lollipop flower and spray is soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love Christmas and have been listening to songs to get me in the mood. I like this layout - I too often wish I could emulate Tessa's minimalist look but I struggle. You've done well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab! I think you have done really well to keep so much white space and you've really made it work. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white space but it never looks right when I leave it:( unlike your which is great.xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...