Monday, January 02, 2012

Story Telling......

.....Sunday 
Monday.

Happy New Year to you all. 

I have just been blog hoping and playing catch up after a break from the PC over New Year....and have been inspired by all your stories.... so I am going to make a conscious effort in 2012 to join in with Sian's Story Telling Sunday. Before I turn the laptop off for the evening I will tell my first story of the year.

This story will feature in my Christmas Journal - which I am still working on so I thought I'd share it here too.

Freckles at Christmas

Many Christmases ago when I was a around 12 years old, we...that's my two sisters, my brother and I attended a Christmas party at my dad's work.  My dad was a fireman until a few years ago when he retired and the Christmas party was held in the Fire Station. 

At most Christmas parties, Father Christmas makes an appearance and this party was no exception. 
The Fire bells rang and the Fire Engine started up.....there was lots of commotion as the Fire Engine with lights flashing pulled up at the Training Tower in the yard. Smoke was billowing out of the top of the tower, but there through the smoke we could make out a man in a red suite. 

The ladder on the fire engine extended and up went the firemen to rescue Father Christmas from the towering inferno. Luckily Father Christmas and his sack full of goodies were saved.

As Father Christmas walked through the children, he greeted each of us. When he reached my brother, who was probably about five/six years old, my brother exclaimed...

"you're not Father Christmas........you're my dad........you've got a freckle on your lip!"

23 comments:

  1. Love it! Great story to share. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and wonderful story,your story makes me smile,really importen to write it done,fab work:)
    Wish you a wonderful evening:):)Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, I'm sat here having a little chuckle to myself.
    Happy New Year to you, happy hugs hun - Ju x

    ReplyDelete
  4. clever boy! Happy New Year Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year......Happy crafting for 2012 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Louise! You can't fool the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun story and a great punch line! Thank you for sharing it.
    Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute story and a clever boy - I loved the firemen rescuing Santa too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great memory, Happy New Year Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giggles :) That is so sweet! I wish I could remember such details but I have a tough time remembering childhood Christmases! :( TFS this wonderful memory with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL out of the mouths of babes eh? Love it, look forward to reading your stories. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect story - I love all the details and then the way that it finishes with the most important little detail of all. That's brilliant storytelling! Louise, I'm so glad that you had a story this month - it's a pleasure to have you with us, and here's a hope that you'll be back in February!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute story, you wouldn't expect a five year old to be that observant!! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooops rumbled! Lovely story happy new year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant! No flies on your brother. What did your dad say though?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Freckles are always a dead giveaway... but how sad to be foiled by a five year old! I wonder now what happened next - and did your brother continue to believe?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear.....but what a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that's funny. Sounds like nothing slipped by your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha, ha, ha that is such a great story x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, ha, ha that is such a funny story x

    ReplyDelete
  21. BrillIiant! No getting away with it there then! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...