Friday, February 03, 2012

Fiskars Bracket Border Punch......

......I love it.

Each month one of the SJ Crafts design team members will be posting a tutorial over at
SJ Papercraft's blog. I am first up....Sarah asked me to create a tutorial and some examples using the Fiskars Bracket Border punch.  I have to say I am partial to a punch and this has become my "must use" punch of the moment.
Pink Paislee - Phantom Collection
Halloween is a huge occasion in our village (even lots of parents dress up) and I have taken many photos over the years. These are the first and only Halloween layouts I have ever scrapped (if my memory serves me right!!). I'm sure that's all down to this gorgeous kit I purchased.
 
For this layout I wanted the emphasis to be on their painted faces - although I do think a mask is preferable, especially as it took forever to scrub their faces not too mention their hands, their clothes and....... my walls. The stuff seemed to get everywhere!
I used the border punch to make some birthday cards too.


Also used Martha Stewart's Butterfly and Scallop Punch

Including a card for a friends engagement.

14 comments:

  1. Great layout, like the way you have cut the faces out. Gorgeous cards as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely examples of perfect punching! I was just thinking last night about buying a new punch. I do like the look of this one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that punch and now have lots of ideas buzzing in my head thanks to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good advert for that punch! What a lovely shape it is and so effective. I can almost feel it going onto my shopping list ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely examples of things to do with this punch - very creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic projects Louise! I wish I had bought that border punch last time there was a sale... I hesitated and picked two others... but I still like it very much...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Louise, lots of gorgeous items, I just adore both layouts and the cards are fantastic! I am a big border punch lover and I have a bracket one although it is an EKSuccess and a lot bigger than that one. Your one has a totally different effect and I think I might neeed one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy Louise! Loving your pages, very masculine and love the little bunting detail on the first one. Your cards are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having difficulty commenting Louise...hoping this works...love the punch and your Story for SS!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!your pages are really fabulous and I love your cards too.
    Wonderful work.Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking I really NEED that punch, you've created such lovely projects with it. When I think of you, I normally think of your lovely scrapbook pages! Like these ones, but oh my you really do create gorgeous cards, don't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layouts and cards are gorgeous, I think I need that punch! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all of these Louise. Its such a great punch for masculine stuff isn't it?! Love what you've done with the overlapping ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool use of the border punch! Works well for Halloween, makes me think of bats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...