Sunday, February 05, 2012

Zoom Burst

Karen's photo challenge this week is Zoom Burst. I left the challenge until the last minute, mainly due to the weather. I kept thinking it would brighten up!

When we woke up this morning we had lots of snow, so out we all went and I took my trusted camera. My attempt at zoom burst photos in the snow just didn't work out.

So this afternoon I've been all over the house trying out different subjects.  From Vases to Guitars and Rocks to Pictures nothing seemed to work for me. Until I tried it on my kitchen clock.

I most definitely like the effect and from all the photos taken this one is my favourite. The black frame and the numbers look sharp. This photo is straight out of the camera with no cropping and you can see the top of bottom of the reflection have been chopped off. It took me ages to work out why I kept doing this.
 I'm still chopping the top and bottom off.... with this photo though I managed to get a larger burst but with a washed out look. I think I moved the camera too - the number are blurred!
Eventually I worked out that I was starting off with the zoom too close, after zooming out a little I did manage to get the whole clock and burst in. Again this is straight out of the camera with a slight crop. A small reflection can also be seen in this one which is a shame.

All in all this was a good learning curve and I'm looking forward to mastering this one over the year. Imagine the scrapping possibilities!

11 comments:

  1. I like the one of the clock - never thought about using something like that but the numbers work really well. Think I may have to try that myself. Your story sounds very similar to mine mind :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics! So much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos, I love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are brill photos, I would not have thought of doing a clock. Well done
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the black & white of the subject works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great effect! Love those clock photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these! I might have to copy this idea - I really like the effect using a clock.

    I also struggled with this and couldn't find suitable subjects to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever effect! I must give this a try. I tried taking some photos of the snow too but they didn't come out too well. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very cool! Good for you on persisting! I'd like a clock on the wall with this effect all of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clock has worked really well with this technique, have to say the first one is my favourite, I like the b&w colouring as well. Thanks for taking part and now on to water droplets!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the effect on your clock photo, its fab!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...