Thursday, March 15, 2012

Big Fish.....

 ...Little Fish....

I so wanted to add ......Cardboard Box!

does anyone else remember these dance (arm) moves  from their clubbing days?!? 
or maybe you'd rather not remember them lol!!
 
SJ Crafts March challenge (why not pop across and join in) has now been posted so I can share this page with you.The theme is 1,2,3 with the added extra to use three of something.

 I used the nursery ryhme 1....2....3.....

4..5.......once I caught a fish alive.

With the added extra of three photos.

The photos are off my husband, my dad and my little man, H, who's now my big man. Doesn't my dad look chuffed to bits with his catch :)
A rosette using the bracket border punch and again the woodgrain stamp from MME



























The black paint lines were made with a ruler.
 I've seen this used quite often on layouts and wanted to try it out.
Am liking the look!


A few posts back the lovely Amanda left me a message:-
"Something I've noticed about your layouts is that they always have interesting pops of Black"

My first thought was do they! 

While reaching for my black paint I was reminded of Amanda's comment. So when putting some recent layouts into an album today I had a flick through and it seems that.....black does feature in lots of my layouts.

I always tend to reach for black when out shopping for myself...(something to do with it being a slimming colour I wonder!) it looks as if it is the colour I reach for when scrapbooking too.  

Do you have a colour you always reach for?

15 comments:

  1. Great page Lou and I love the photos, your Dad does look very pleased with his little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO...the colours are perfect for the pics!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, your dad does look proper proud:) lovely layout, love the colours. I tend to reach for red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout love the use of that woodgrain stamp again.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great LO. I like the wood stamp again. I picked up this set after seeing you last LO. I can usderstand the going for the black. Colors pop against it and it pops on the light LO's. I seem to go for greens, along with black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout, love the expression caught in Harry's face, they all look like they had a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the stamping in the background, will be looking out for black on your layouts now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That woodgrain stamp is fabulous!

    I can remember reading somewhere that all rooms should have some black designed into them for maximum effect. Looks like black on layouts works perfectly too

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun!!! I love the work you did on the background and the colors are wonderful! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waht a great layout of the three generations together! The woodgrain stamp is amazing, and the black paint lines really enhance it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout,love the design and all the great details,fabulous work:):)
    And I love white,hehe and soft colours.I do not like black very much, but I do have some black in my house as tv (I wish my tv was white, but my husband say NOOO,hihi)
    Wish you a wonderful weekend,hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really am lusting after that woodgrain stamp ... What a fabulous layout. I'm not sure I do have a colour I always go to ...uuummm, you've got me thinking now lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Layout as always Lou!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout and great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great page, love the colours and layers. Love the pops of black in all of your LO's :) Great photos of your 3 men, all fishing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...