Friday, June 29, 2012

Organisation Celebration blog hop

Welcome and thank you for hopping by. 



Jennifer over at Jennifer Jumbles very kindly invited me to join in with her Organisation Celebration blog hop. Jennifer has a weekend planned to inspire you starting this evening until Sunday 1st July.  There will be posts on her blog every hour until 10pm this evening and from 10am-10pm Saturday and Sunday (BST), tips, tutorials, challenges, crafts, and lots of GIVEAWAYS! 

At the end of this post there are details regarding a giveaway too......so please read on.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Organise is Jennifer's word of the year.
What does the word organise mean to you?
To me it means to have order, to arrange, plan, prepare, look after, straighten out, see to, get going, get together and be responsible for. I do like to be organised and if I am then everything gets done and I have more time to scrapbook!! 
To help assist me in my organisation I am a great list writer and I have many (some might say too many) a notebook. Post it note reminder books, stuff to do notebooks, things to buy notebooks. In fact I have a friend who only ever buys me notebooks for my birthday and I do the same with her. Mad I know.....but something of a tradition now.....plus it gives me an excuse for searching out unusual notebooks throughout the year. 

Paperchase is the top of my list for notebooks. I love the ranges they have and a notebook with plastic pockets, coloured sections, graph paper, plain paper and lined paper is so much more interesting than a plain notebook....don't you think?

So my contribution to the hop is a layout showing the few notebooks I have on the go at the moment.
 
Keep Calm and Take Note








 I've seen lots of negative alpha cut outs and wondered how to create this effect myself. When I first started scrapbooking I used an alpha stencil for lettering titles. Using the stencil and some ink the background turned out to look like this.





 The little tab at the top behind the photo holds my journalling.


If you arrived here from the lovely Leanne then your next stop is the lovely Rinda.
If you have just dropped by then you may wish to hop straight over to Jennifer and start hopping at the beginning.

Just remember that each lovely blog along this hop has a letter for you to collect (mine is above, repeated four times.....just in case!!) Once you've got them all, and reached the end of the hop, you can email Jennifer the phrase you've collected. All entries must be received by Monday the 2nd of July at 11.59pm BST, and all the correct answers will be put into a draw to win this gorgeous prize package 
 Thanks again and enjoy your hoping.

26 comments:

  1. Like you, I love notebooks. Binders even more! My problem tho is that I will start one as one thing and then change it to another topic. So it really hasn't helped much to organize me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love notebooks! I also love paperchase! I found a lovely kraft one the other day. i just use one journal for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love looking at all the pretty notebooks trouble is I forget where I put them!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making lists, too! I tend to use a notebook as well.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever background and good subject for a page! I also like notebooks and use to have a bunch but since I would never do anything with them I have stopped buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid my notebooks aren't as beautiful as yours, just places for scribbled ideas, and the odd (usually VERY odd) drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Notebooks are good - I wish we had a Paperchase nearby though :o(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a good notebook and any excuse to purchase another is a blessing in my book! Great layout, I might have to do something similar about my penchant for stationary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I collect notebooks but cannot write in them... yes I have a problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout, I love the scattered stars, and the stencilling! I love notebooks too, but I have a tendency to buy them and then not use them!

    Thanks so much for joining in with the blog hop! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree - I couldn't function without lists!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love notebooks too...I am on the lookout for a teensy one for my bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the notebook idea is great! I've always had a weakness for stationery, which subsequently morphed into a love of scrapbook paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love little notebooks too! I have to control myself in buying them - if I bought every one I see that I like, there's no way I'd ever be able to use them all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Always make list =)thanks for the letter, greetings from México

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout - love that stencilling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recently started using little notebooks around the house too. One between my office and my studio for scrap/blog ideas. Another with scrap supplies I need the next time I am out shopping - I do one of these for Christmas shopping too. There is a great sense of satisfaction when I actually have filled up the little notebook and can toss it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am totally obsessed with notebooks.....I carry about 4 in my handbag (which is not huge!) and have several scattered around the house.....and still use scraps of paper to write notes and list!!!!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love notebooks too but end up with several being used at the same time with loads of different lists etc inside!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never used notebooks before, maybe I shoud start.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, I do love a good Paperchase notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog thanks to the hop! Love your style and notebooks are awesome:D

    ReplyDelete
  23. You can never have too many note books Louise! Love the idea of using the letter stencil for a mask :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just reading this late as usual, sounds like it was a good weekend hopping. That is a serious amount of note books, I would never remember which book contained which lists!!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a huge sucker for note books too, you can never have enough! I love the title of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great layout, I really like the stenciling! Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...