Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cards

The first week of the summer holidays is nearly over and what a super week it's been. The weather has been fabulous and long may it last........we can only hope!!.

Last night the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics was absolutely amazing (I did wish I could have been there!) the younger two (as the oldest was at a party....he has more nights out than us now!!) were chatting all the way through commenting on the different scenes. It was apparent that they do listen and learn at school!!!

And who would have thought we'd get a little of Daniel Craig *swoon*......and the Queen.... Brilliant!!

All in all not much crafting has been happening although I have made some cards using
 American Crafts Dear Lizzy jar stamps.

First on Kraft card.

oops looks like this photo is out of focus and I can't take another photo either as its been posted!
 Then onto white card.
Have you seen the smash tapes? I used this tape here also.

Now i'm getting a little adventurous. Four stamped jars on one card.....and it took me a while to work out how to do it lol!!


I'd like to thank you all again for leaving such lovely comments too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

22 comments:

  1. Ooh these are lovely :o) Great use of the jar stamp. I'm a great lover of kraft and that last one with the four jars is so effective.
    Thanks for stopping by today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and I love the last one most:):)
    Fab work again,wish you a lovely weekend and enjoy your god weather and holiday.:):)Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous cards! Love the one with the smash tape especially! loving the olympics here too ... Hannah is fascinated with it all!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet cards. that's a great stamp.
    And I'm with you on the Danial Craig. MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you've had a good first week of the holidays, only 5 more to go! Your mason jar cards are very sweet - I'm impressed by the one with 4 on, that looks tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fascinated by your inventiveness with just one stamp! The third one is my favourite ... And wasn't the ceremony a splendid occasion? I have to say I loved the Mr Bean skit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute cards!

    we watched the Ceremony with friends - I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed it. The bit with the Queen was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards love that stamp
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are brilliant. I think I know how to do he last but I bet it would take me a few tries :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all lovely. Great work with the fourth. Think I know how to do it but it would probably take me a few goes :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards Louise and I loved the opening ceremony too, James Bond and Mr Bean, what could be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards - simple but lovely :) Can't imagine how you stamped 4 though - that would have driven me wild!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards. The last one is so clever and I love that smash tape. Thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog.
    Enjoy the rest of the holidays, fingers crossed this lovely weather stays around! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards - love the last one especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are great cards...the next question is how did you do it? :) A particular favourite from the opening ceremony...other than Daniel Craig was Mr Bean...it was classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. come see the news, Louise http://fantasticribbons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/we-picked-5-new-dt-peeps.html
    email me at kirstywiseman.com with your address asap, please xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just popped over to say congratulations on making the fantastic ribbons design team!!Love the jar card on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think we need a tutorial on how to do that last one Louise..but they're all fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just popped over to say congrats to you too, for making the Fantastic Ribbons DT...thanks for visiting my blog yesterday! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wasn't the opening ceremony fantastic? Loved Queenie and Mr Bean bits and the forged golden rings were spectacular. Anyway, great cards, I am really liking the cleaner loping cards at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are great and I love the one with the four jars on it x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I like the jars all together on that last card. Although they are all lovely. DH & I watched the ceremony the next night as we knew people involved. Had to have Daniel Craig identified for me, seriously don't watch tv here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...