Friday, September 21, 2012

SJ Crafts Challenge

It's time for this months challenge over at SJ Crafts. The theme is school/learning. The DT have put together some lovely inspiring ideas. My contribution is a layout of Stan showing us what he's learnt to play on his guitar.

Stan is the only one who has shown an interest in playing the guitar. My husband loves the guitar and where he failed to be the next Jimmy Hendrix i'm sure he's hoping his son will succeed!

You might note that this looks a little different from the layout shown on SJ Crafts blog. After  uploading the layout it sat on the side for a few days and everytime I walked past it, I thought there was something missing. A stitched border and some ribbon later and I was happy. The only thing is i forgot to upload the new photo to SJ Crafts.       
So if you have some school photos waiting to be scrapped then make sure you join in and link up won't you. Closing date is 17 October.

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about deciding the project needs something - glad I"m not the only one to forget to upload a new photo :)

    Love the stitched edging and the cluster of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your son's concentration in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of concentration! and that background paper is perfect. Funny, the ribbon and stitching was the first thing I noticed so well worth going back too I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and wonderful page with many great details.
    Fab work.:)

    Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I just ordered The Tomboy's school photos today, still waiting for the proofs of The Boy's to materialise...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail at the bottom - so much to look at :) You were right though, the border and ribbon finish it off nicely. Thanks for your comments on my blog - don't worry there was a hose to wash them down and a complete change of clothes before they came anywhere near my car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lay-out. I love that you added the stitching and ribbon. It's perfect.
    Really enjoyed all your Scavenger Hunt photographs this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely! Including the strip of music is perfect. He looks as if he is determined to make a go of his learning - yep, Jimmie Hendrix, watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me smile every time I see this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like all the little tags you've added here. Very effective embellishing of that wonderful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool page, love the concentration on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who keeps adding things on layouts even after the photos are taken and sent!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...