Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Christmas and Gingham

I posted some cute little ribbon bows last week. I liked them so much that I made a batch of  Christmas cards using the same style bow.


The tags look real good too.

You may remember that the bows I made here were for the Fantastic Ribbons blog where the DT share their stitching and ribbon creations this month. If you are tempted to try out these bows or indeed use ribbon and stitching on any of your projects this month then you may be interested in the challenge that Kirsty has set over at Fantastic Ribbons.

All you need to do is leave a comment on any Fantastic Ribbons posts between today and the end of October with a link to a ribbon project incorporating sewing, the DT will pick a winner and they will receive a ribbony prize from the guys at Fantastic Ribbons. What are you waiting for :)

I am all ginghamed out now, red, blue, green and black, every colour works.
What are your thoughts on Christmas Cards - are you planning on making your own?

18 comments:

  1. Love these! I'm not a great card maker but do try to make a few Xmas cards, the simplicity of yours really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple elegance of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple yet so effective, gorgeous Louise. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful. Not planning on making any cards but I might now I've seen these :) Just need to find the time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I made cards for the first time last year, and boy was I glad that I had because I got lots of lovely ones in return. So I'll be giving it a go again this year I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing, especially on the kraft background :)

    I make all my cards, but I keep the design very quick and simple. I haven't done them yet, partly because of my foot and mainly because I tend to be last minute with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous....I want to make cards like these....easy and beautiful all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these - they are really effective x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these - they are really simple but yet very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so striking! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these - clean, simple and fantastic!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the kraft tag w red gingham is gorgeous! I like the white too but the kraft/red makes my heart sing. Yes, I make Christmas cards, the last few years we've done family portraits and people seem to like those. But I do 'regular' Christmas cards for people who really aren't likely to want a shot of the four of us.

    Started thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Louise, love the clean look and the pop of the red ribbon on the white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simply yet so stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the simplicity of both the cards and the tags!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning cards! really sophisticated :o) love the red/ white combo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, the gingham looks perfect for Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply wonderful; I love everything about them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...