Sunday, October 07, 2012

Storytelling Sunday

Today is Storytelling Sunday and I pondered on what to share today.

Sian suggested a dressing up story, so whilst I looked in my little book of notes and stories, I came across a quote recorded last year from number 2 son. It has nothing to do with dressing up but it did make me smile.

Over dinner one evening, this is when many of the stories in my little book take place, number three son was talking about what he wanted to do when he grew up.
 I gave my usual mum talk about how hard life could be if you didn't work hard at school. 
You know the talk I'm sure!

 At the end of dinner and our conversation there was a big *sigh*
 Jack shook his head and said,

"Life is harder than Maths!"

Thank you to Sian for reminding me of these little stories.

25 comments:

  1. He's right you know - my two have taken over menu making, organising shopping lists etc. and are astonished at how complicated it is...

    Thanks for the smile, I can just hear the sigh too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that really made me laugh :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol nice one, mind you he is not far wrong. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is indeed much harder than Maths but much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's brilliant :) I'm inclined to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd take equations over some of life any day lol. Well recorded :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had this little gem written down in your notebook. How wise he is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 'mum talk' and your story has reminded me of one....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute comment! And very true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I love this - what words of wisdom which I agree with completely. Maths is extremely hard and life can be even harder (though also possibly a lot more fun?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Out of the mouth of babes indeed!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of the mouths of babes! Just one more example of why it's so important to write these "gems" down!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wise words from one so young. Yoda springs to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha!!! He is so right, I love it!!! Please put this on a page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't argue with that! Great memory:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ain't it the truth! Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is so sweet and children say the best things sometimes!! Great idea to keep a notebook of ideas and stories I really need to do the same especially as my memory is so awful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. At least life has lots of good bits too - math has no good bits in my book! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess how hard life is depends on how troublesome maths is then? Great idea to have a notebook of these gems!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...