Wednesday, December 05, 2012

All Flaked out.

This month over on Fantastic Ribbons the DT are sharing their Christmas Decor projects with you.
For me ribbon plays a huge part at Christmas time. There are cakes to edge, presents to tie and decorations to make. Today I'd like to share my Christmas wreaths. A couple of weeks ago I made a white wreath and liked it so much that I wanted to make another....in colour.
(apologies for flash light on the door in this pic!)
I used a flat based wreath made from chipboard and covered it with Christmas red gingham ribbon.
The snowflakes were made from foam and cut with a build it up sizzix snowflake die. One layer of snowflakes were placed flat onto the wreath while the in-between snowflakes were lifted higher with foam pads. All of the snowflakes were stuck down using a heat gun.





















While I was cutting out all those snowflakes I was thinking about the Styrofoam wreath sitting on the side - ummm should I make another.......or put the Styrofoam wreath to the back of the cupboard until next year.
 
I did make another one and I love it's simplicity. I used the same Christmas red gingham (my most favourite ribbon at Christmas time) and again wrapped it round the wreath. I added some string and a solitary snowflake for decoration.
  and a close up.
 
This is the first year I've made a wreath, or three, and I really liked it.

I notice that Fantastic Ribbons sell a wonderful wreath kit too.
Isn't it gorgeous? 
I might just have to make one of these now!

21 comments:

  1. Woah, love your wreaths, so effective. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic. Well done. I am so impressed :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both just stunning! I especially like the snowflake one - such great inspiration :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS THank-you for the pointer to the ribbon site - just gone and ordered myself some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're fantastic Louise - that's a lot of nifty work with a glue gun, to beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bought that last wreath kit. Very easy to make, just got to decide where it can go now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another gorgeous project x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love all your Christmas wreaths Louise, well done you!! Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These wreaths are really lovely Louise!! Loving that gingham red ribbon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your wreaths are beautiful, but I love the simplicity of the gingham ribbon and single snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty wreaths. Can't go wrong with a piece of gingham can you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great, I especially like the contrast of the red gingham and the string on the second one! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those! They look very doable and fun to make! Great ideas Louise:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fantastic idea! looks really professional, and i bet its fun to make too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all gorgeous, I love that ribbon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all beautiful and gorgeous.:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...