Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pretty Bows all in a Row

This month the DT are sharing their bow projects over at Fantastic Ribbons.

I don't think tying a bow is as easy as I looks and after many attempts over the years I tend to make bows by piecing together lengths of ribbon and building them up. 

I chose ribbon to match the patterned paper and found the bright colours worked well.
The big orange bow has been made from four lengths of ribbons.
 Each length a little shorter than the last. 
The ends of each length have been stuck together to form a circle.
 The circles are flattened and laid on top of each other. 
A narrower contrasting colour ribbon has been placed over the middle to hold the four lengths in place. 
The green bow has been made in the same way with a brad to hold the top two lengths together. 
 
 
used: Orange Grosgrain 22mm and orange Grosgrain 9mm white dot
I really love the same colour combination of the wide and narrow ribbon.
used: kiwi 22mm dot
How do you make your bows?
Please share I'd love to know.

18 comments:

  1. You are so right! Not as easy as it looks..but you have worked out a perfect plan. These are lovely. For little bows I use my bowmaker tool - I keep thinking I need to get a bigger version because it only does little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bows are fab, you make them look very easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green and orange together and the idea of building up the bows. I remember having to tie so many bows for our wedding invites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours, I really struggle with making bows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bows are often difficult for me too! You, on the contrary, look like the master of stacked bows! They look fantastic and perfect for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, perfect colours and lovely bows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What splendid ideas for pretty cards! I really like these bows - their effect against the pretty paper is just lovely. I am totally duff at cards, but I might just give this a go. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great, I love the brad centres! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards Louise, and the bows look great layered. I do love to tie a bow. I am blessed to be able to free hand a bow the old fashion way. But I like the fork idea posted in Pinterest. That looks like a quick and easy way to make a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great Louise, and will hold their shape much better than a traditional bow when posted. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love thie
    S idea for bows Louise...TFS!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I just fiddle with my bows for ages until I am reasonably happy with them! Robbie Herring is amazing at tying bows, I was just saying the other day to her I have no idea how she does it as her bows always look amazing! I like your idea to make them easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bow piecing is pretty ingenious! Mind if I steal it? I really have the hardest time with ribbon, which I love...kind of a love/hate thing happening. And your bird paper is quite darling.
    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these bows are beautiful. I have to admit that I rarely.. actually never tie bows like that. But I love looking at them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such clever little bows and I love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate doing bows because they always look rubbish but your method is great x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oohhh I like these :) I do have a bow maker for presents and such but for. Bows on a card, I take the easy way out and tie a knot, then just cut the ends on a slant, but now I may be brave and try yours :). I'm so loving the colours you've picked here, I'm really into orange at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...