Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ripsaw Falls

It's no secret that I don't like heights.
I like my feet to remain firmly on the ground. Previous visitors to Florida explained that the rides there weren't the same as here and that for many a ride you don't know what you're queuing for. Yer Yer....doesn't matter what they say you won't find me on those big rides, I thought.
I mean if you've been to Florida you'll know that some of the rides there are massive and even this log flume ride Ripsaw Falls was enough to turn my stomach. The trouble was this was our first day, our first park and we were just a few rides in, when we encountered a problem. My DH was suffering from motion sickness...really really really bad... This left me in a dilemma. I couldn't let number one son go on this ride on his own...could I? I really really wanted to.....but no. Get a grip girl you can do this!! 

The good thing about this is there was no steep incline to get up to the top and apparently on the way down the others knew exactly which boat we were on! My screams were heard all over the park.
  We got soaked as you do on most rides in Florida. The warning signs made me smile - 
"you will get wet you may get soaked" 
and believe me they weren't kidding.

I'm not sure if you call tell from the layout but I have a huge smile on my face and having to go on this ride was the best thing for me and the first of many more big....ish rides!!
  I'm being inspired by Janna at the moment. I adore her fresh feel layouts and this layout was one that really made me smile and made me think that if I made a page like this I might be inspired to loose weight too. Who's inspiring you at the moment? Please do let me know!

18 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of theme park rides at all and there is no way you'd get me anywhere near this ride!! It's a great page ... I love the detail around the title and the stitching. That camera flair is just lovely and fits the theme so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on facing your fears, looks like you had fun!

    Love the clean style of your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am such a big chicken as far as rides are concerned! And I had to smile at your inspiration as I just finished a page very much inspired by Janna too! (it's a DT assignment though so I can't share for while)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny Louise and exactly what happened to me on our 2nd trip to Florida ... both Hubby & No.1 Son wimped out leaving me to accompany No.2 Son!!! After surviving each ride I was happy to re-ride it if the queue was short!
    Love the mixed font title you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise, love your happy and beautiful layout! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and a great story. I hate the big rides but once I'm brave enough to get on them I love them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout Louise.....funnily enough I can cope with the water rides, but 'Big Thunder' atDisney is the only roller coaster I can make myself go on!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you are brave! It's a beautiful page and a great moment to record, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on going on the ride. DS has had to ride several on his own but usually we're all up for them. We have one friend who used to stay with the buggies but now 'holds the coats' for us all at every theme park ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you did better than me! I stood and took photos of this one and my three came off soaking too! Well done for braving it and love the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's super....I didn't have to do the big rides yet...it was only DH going on them so I didn't feel the need to accompany him :D I did notice tho that the scarier rides were not so scary the 2nd time round, having said that not doing the tower of terror again unless I have to - didn't mind the height or anything hated the stomach churning feeling....yuk :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for facing your fear and enjoying yourself! I used to love big rides - not the ones that just shoot you straight up and down, but definitely rollercoasters and log flumes. But I can't go on them anymore as I realised they were giving me really bad neck and headaches. :-(

    Your layout looks lovely, I like the tone-on-tone parts of your title. I'm a fan of Janna too. I get inspiration from so many people, but one scrapper I've discovered recently and am loving is Corrie Jones: http://corejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your so brave! I had enough trouble on the little mini rollercoaster at Legoland! My OH had motion sickness after travelling to Australia...must be something to do with men and long haul travel lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a real wooss, I can't cope with rides like that one bit, so I take my hat off to you. This layout is just amazing ... I adore it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes a situation like that is the only time we would choose to face our fears, but I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that you got to spend the rest of your time in Florida enjoying a few more bigg-ish rides! I can't wait to go to Florida with our kids, but it'll be a few years until they're big enough yet!X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't do big rides unless there is water involved - don't ask!!! I have no idea they just seem safer if there is water!!! I loved that ride as well, so glad you braved it. Fantastic layout, love the simplicity of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even in Florida I wouldn't go on the big rides...so I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Golly, I am very in awe of your bravery! Your page is lovely - I especially like all those cleverly placed bits of stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...