Sunday, February 17, 2013

Simply a Moment

On a lighter note than last months, I join Alexa and many others again this month for Simply a Moment. A time for pausing, noticing and recording.
 
It's all calm and (unusually) quiet, the boys are upstairs talking to each other and their friends through their xboxes. We have half an hour until we meet with friends for lunch, so I hook out my camera to take photos of a finished layout. I see my valentines flowers on the table and smile to myself. My mind wanders back to our very first valentines many many years ago. There were no flowers then and there haven't been many during the years inbetween. Quickly I take a few snaps of the flowers......it maybe a while before he buys me some more :)  Friday 15th 11.30am

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and such stunning flowers - gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's tight about giving flowers too. In fact I didn't even get a valentine card. These are lovely flowers and well worth a quick snap! Or layout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful and it's the thought that counts. I laughed when I read the bit about x-box as it sounds just like my house :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers, at least you got some. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers - I'm not sure I can remember our first valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers bring such a smile to the face, don't they? These are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! Both the flowers and your thoughts about them ... and how you range from present to past to future all in a moment. Thank-you so much for joining in this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how your moment brought you into the past as well.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely flowers - love that thoughts slipped backwards and forwards in time. Thanks for sharing. J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are gorgeous! And the perfect thing to brighten the grey days of February.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely moment, Louise...our first married Valentine's Day was the ONLY one I remember getting flowers for!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a lovely moment and those flowers are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look lovely! Thanks for the advice on the frames by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tell Wookie I don't want flowers for V Day - they're always so expensive. Instead I ask for - and get - bulbs for our anniversary in November which give me flowers all the way through January and February :) He did it once for our first and my frugal gardening soul was horrified at the price of a rose....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty Valentine bouquet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...