Sunday, February 03, 2013

Story Telling Sunday - Pick your Precious

It's the first Sunday of the month and time for Pick your Precious hosted by the lovely Sian.

I had a completely different story to tell today and while I've been out all morning I changed my mind. Sian has said that  Pick Your Precious is about celebrating the little things you love. What if the little things you love have not yet been tucked safely into the draw or up onto a shelf. Some of the most precious things I have are photos. Instead of sharing some photos that are precious to me now I want to share some that will be precious to me in years to come.

With the England win yesterday in round one of the Six Nations game and this morning watching the boys all play a game, one win (DS1) one draw (DS3) and one lost (DS2- Try 1) today's pick your precious is all about how much I love capturing photos of the boys playing ruby. 

It's surprising how emotional a game can get. While I stand on the sidelines watching a game all I want is for them to play well and win. Some will say it's all about taking part and playing as a team and I do agree with this. Ultimately though.... it is all about winning! 

I'm not a competitive person and nor are the boys. They don't get upset or cross like some of them do and they take it all in there stride. But my....to see them win makes it all worthwhile, to see their faces light up, the boost that they get from scoring a try (like Jack today and he promised his dad too that he would score a try for him, as he was working and wouldn't get to see them play), to see them all upbeat with a spring in their step after a tough game (especially DS1 team, where they all work so hard). These are the precious moments that I will always remember and sometimes I'll have the perfect photo to go with these moments too. 

A photo each from this mornings games.

DS1 bottom left. Position Flanker. Watching and waiting for the ball to come out.
DS2 - not a great photo, it's so hard to get a perfect shot when they are constantly on the move. I like this one though. Jack has the ball. I have to smile as it amazes me how this boy plays in all his clothes. He really feels the cold so he insists on playing in his tracksuit bottoms, four top layers and his hat!!
 DS3 knicknamed by his coaches The Tank! 
With two boys tackling him, who both dropped to their knees to get him around his legs..and still couldn't get him down, reminded me of Chris Robshaw in yesterdays England game!
  and just in case you didn't see my post last year, here is Chris Robshaw (England Captain) during a training session with DS1.
....oh and another with all three of them. They have all changed so much since this photo was taken.
Chris Robshaw and Ugo Monye

 Thank you for enduring my post while I once again show rugby photos. It's not possible to know how long they will all continue to play so I must make the most of these precious moments (and photos) while they all love the game.   

26 comments:

  1. A lovely story. lol at DS3 being unstoppable! You're right these photos will become very precious in years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea for your 'precious'. Every moment is precious, isn't it, and what a great little reminder you've given us. Wonderful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise what a lovely post documenting how proud you are of your boys and their achievements. I was always glad that I only had a girl as it meant I never had to endure the cold sidelines of football or rugby matches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are great action shots that convey great and precious memories - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they will always be precious to you, and to them too, I love my childhood photos and although I annoy them sometimes I know they will be grateful to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to see the Rugby photos - in fact you came into my head as I watched the matches yesterday and today. A fine start I think. You are so right - these are the things to hold on to, the things that will become even more precious as the years go by. And to have a Mum who loves to gather it all together for you? That's a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab photos of your 3 handsome boys!! Such precious moments!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've captured such great shots, these are precious to you now, but just imagine how precious to your boys these will be :). Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous story to share. Although I have two girls and our weekends must be very different to yours, we still share the same joy of capturing those special memories for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Louise :) My post today I said something similar. I don't have lots of items I have kept or think are precious, but photos are! Good for you for taking all these photos, because in the end these are the things that will remind you of all that is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I know nothing of the game, those photos gave me a sense of it. I'm sure you will treasure them long after the boys have ceased playing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing to be endured about this at all - I love sports photography! And since we don't have rugby here, I've never had the opportunity to shoot that sport. These are fantastic.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. boys and their sport, I remember it well, happy times x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Louise x What fabulous photos to treasure now & in the future x
    Both my boys play rugby with the eldest playing for a grown up team too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so right. You never know what photos today will become our priceless memories tomorrow. We all have busy lives---especially with kids and sports. You have managed to take some great pictures that will preserve those precious moments to enjoy in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are indeed the precious moments in life...and how. Wonderful that you have hobbies that remind you to document them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the story and the photos are great....easily the most precious thing i daresay we all own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful story, but that rugby sure looks dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your take on "precious" Louise. And your photos of your boys playing Rugby are awesome. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your idea of picking your future precious, definitely living in the moment. They are all great photos and there's nothing wrong with keeping warm :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely precious moments - glad you're enjoying the watching and rooting for 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like this post - precious indeed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are definitely precious photos! And will be more precious as they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful story and the photos are awesome:):)

    Wish you a lovely weekend:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous photos and a great story that reminds me to not take all those hours on the sideline for granted... Allez, I'll take my DSLR to tonight's soccer game ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Trust me I could never tires of seeing rugby pictures, especially ones with Chris Robshaw in. You never know Louise, these pictures could be appearing in newspapers and match day programmes in years to come ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...