Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Birthday Boy

We have a birthday in the house tomorrow.....my gorgeous baby will be nine.

He is mad about pigs and pugs and when trying to come up with a birthday cake idea this one was found online.

My DH went shopping for supplies of his day off work (he had my list!)  and when he couldn't get ready to roll (me and icing sugar make too much mess) pink icing, we ended up with red. "sunburnt" pigs are better than no pigs I say! 

I made the cake and DH dealt with all the chocolate......too much temptation when you are trying to be good.....he made the pigs and planted everything in place. 

Earlier today I posted the finished birthday cake on facebook with the comment
 "Finally finished Stan's birthday cake for tomorrow....phew!"  
A cheeky post directed at my DH. 

Well....I never imagined that such lovely comments would be left and all those likes..
.wow...
now... how bad do I feel that they all think I made the cake!! 
(I did say he helped me - does that count?)

Oh what a position to get yourself into eh! 
DH just laughs and says I'm glad I didn't post it, I don't want all those facebook notifications!!
 
This is the finished cake, I forgot to add a cake board to my list. It just so happens that the plate has a lip on it that hold all those kit-kats together. 

Best get off now and wrap up those last few pressies for the morning.

P.S. Karen I'll send you some sunburnt pigs for Mick's Birthday Cake.

24 comments:

  1. love that cake! Love pigs too wishing your DS a happy birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! Hope he loves it! I'm sure your DH is happy to share the glory with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous - I'll have to show D she will love it and it will cheer her up. Thanks for your kind words xx
    Happy Birthday to DS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh - bad blogger - my comment evaporated away!
    Fantastic cake - I will have to show D as she will love it. Thanks for your kind words. Happy Birthday to DS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest cake EVER! Now I need a piece of chocolate.. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still love this regardless who made it Louise ;)
    Showed it to my eldest & he now wants it for his birthday ...in december!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an inspired cake! It has turned out well... whoever made it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cake...all that chocolate- yum!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an amazing cake! Happy Birthday, Birthday Boy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cake is fab ... I'd sat you and hubby made a great team!! Hope birthday boy has had a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your son had a fantastic birthday and what a brilliant cake (and a brilliant DH for helping out!) and I just love, love, love the sunburnt pigs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake is awesome - belated Happy Birthday to your son. I'm craving a Kit-kat now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yummmmmy!!! This is so cool!! I love the cake creativity now - there's so many cool ideas!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this cake photo doing the rounds and you (and DH!) have made a brilliant job of it! Hope he had a great birthday too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That really is an amazing cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I bet you both my a certain birthday boy very, very happy. It's fabulous ... Are you both now going into the cake making business. The new Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol thanks Louise, I remember seeing this on fb awhile back and thinking I would make mick on, then surprise surprise I forgot!!! I'm such a bad wife!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is sooooooo adorable! I love it. I have never seen such a cake. It turned out fantastic. I am pinning this for future reference since I love to make cute cakes. Now I need a reason to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I am arriving a little ate for the party but many congratulations in retrospect - and that is the most amazing cake! Is there any left?:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh now that is definitely a cute cake and I like that your dh helped - family effort. Does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your (or should I say his?;) cake is remarkable and oh so creative!!!! Definitely needs a page of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thought I'd commented here before but apparently not! Love this cake, lots of lovely chocolate, and the pigs look very happy! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...