Sunday, March 31, 2013

I was like really...

Happy Easter to you all.

I wonder how many of you are suffering from too much chocolate today. It's the first day of the year (the second is Christmas Day!) when the boys eat chocolate for Breakfast. I mean it wouldn't be fair for them to say "the Easter Bunnie's been" and then not let them have any. Of course it helps when they say "would you like some mum" !!

In the midst of another family get together and having friends up from London I managed to find a few hours to put another holiday page together this weekend. A page of Super Hero's and Villian's. I best not let on that I wanted to call them "Baddies" and had to google the term to find "Villian's" was the word I was looking for. Over the years they say Chocolate makes you fat, spotty, gives you headaches - do you think too much chocolate affects brain cells too?!

papers from SJ Crafts Snippets and Sundrifter range
Here's the layout - When we ventured into Marvel Super Hero Island in Florida's Island of Adventure park, it was great to see all the "real" Super Hero's (and Villian's).  The Green Goblin was brilliant, we watched him as he followed people around.... and then he saw Harry.  He made us all laugh - even Harry, who I'm sure at times thought it wasn't cool for a thirteen year old to have their photo taken with men dressed up as Marvel characters. He was a good sport though and as you'll see in further layouts he did join in....even when at times it looked half heartedly, his face and smile told us otherwise.
This layout will sit beside these 4x6 pockets. Jack decided he wanted a photo of him with Spiderman. Here he is with the Green Screen. The actual framed photo has pride of place in his bedroom. He was beaming from ear to ear.
 The hulk ride turned my stomach and that was just from looking at it. Because of the earlier Harry Potter experience of the day, it was decided that they would give this ride a miss today. Thank you for all your comments on my Happy Potter post. I know some of you were intrigued so maybe, just maybe I'll share the whole story later on!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the remainder of your Easter weekend.

16 comments:

  1. That ride looks awesome! One day.... one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your holiday pages Louise x
    I'm the only member of our family to NOT go on the Hulk ride !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absoultly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would NEVER EVER get on that ride! {Im such a wuss!} Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bit of a jelly bean overdose myself! I really like how the 4x6 packets look.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab photos! Reminding me yet again that I have still to scrap Spiderman! Love the clean feel of these pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layouts,sadly I don't eat chocolate as it gives me migraines,but i can give a donut and some fudge a run for it's money! Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your layouts, Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would never get me on that ride either...great Layout though!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo of that ride makes my stomach turn! Glad to see you got some scrappy time this week, and no eating chocolate does not affect the brain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pages. We didn't have any chocolate in the house this Easter! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for some scrappy time and cool teenagers posing with heroes and villains :) I do like how you're combining the pocket and larger pages. No chocolate here either - but we did finish off some ice cream in the ongoing 'eat the freezer down so we can defrost it' project :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! Love your photos and your work! How cool is that Hulk ride?! It looks AWESOME!!! I never even knew of this particular Marvel Super Hero world! Is it near Walt Disney World? Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure hope that chocolate doesn't affect the brain too much as I am a daily consumer of the treat!!!!! :D I love your page + divided page combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Louise! Sshh.. don't tell - I like sweets better than chocolate, so I had Dolly Mixtures for my breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your stitching here! Just lovely. Nothing like starting the day how you mean to go on :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...