Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snippets Collection...2nd installment

It's been a busy week and then to top it off it snowed....disrupting our family get together on Saturday. I was so disappointed that my sister didn't get to us nor my cousin. You know when you've been looking forward to something for a while. Poxy weather. I've had enough now and wish for some warm spring days. The schools break up for Easter this week - do you think we're in for a little sunshine?

 So to remind me of warm sunny days I'm sharing the second 12x12 layout I made using the SC Snippets collection the lovely Sarah at SJ Crafts sent me. 
 
 This amazing full size castle is the Harry Potter Ride in Florida. The title of this layout is what my youngest son wrote about this ride at the end of the day.
   The 4x6 cards and photos will sit in the 4x6 page protector pockets next to the 12x12 layout.
 I have so much to journal for this page. Like.... how I came to have a photo of the "Public Convenience" sign and the full story of the Harry Potter Ride, the Forbidden Journey. The story will be popped into the pocket on the 4x6 as you really don't want to hear all the gory details that include the ride being stopped. They said over the tannoy system " ...due to a technical failure..." we knew better! 
 If you'd like to see more about the supplies used then there's a whole post over at SJ Crafts.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on the cake making post underneath. Stan loved the cake and had a super birthday.

Ruth, I still have your Harry Potter stickers...thank you...I'm saving them for the next lot of HP layouts!

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You've got such a great scrapping style.

    Now it's so not like me to not wish for snow, but even I've had enough and oh pleasssseeeee ...Give us Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It scared the life out of D too. We were not sympathetic either as her screams and expressions made us laugh all the more. Horrible parents - I know. Beautiful page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the weather, it totally ruined my weekend plans too :(

    That is a great page with lovely photos, even the public convenience one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous page! I love the design as well as the way you have pulled it all together.

    Sorry it snowed on your plans :( It had cleared up here a little, but it has just started to come down again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a title - a direct quote from your son. I also did some summer scrapping this weekend of our trip to California a few years ago - you have to do something to bring the heat in. Sorry that your reunion didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the style you're using for capturing these memories x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the weather stopped play for you and your family :( love the colours of these papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree about the weather :( had Enough now x

    Loving all your Florida pages Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying seeing your holiday photos as it really does take me away from the cold miserable weather!! I have made lots of HP pages recently, I must start blogging them..... looking forward to seeing what you are going to create xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout! I'm interested to read the journalling now after that snippet! Sorry your family get together didn't go as planned x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I really like all the details you've incorporated, I'm hoping the next house has room for my sewing machine out as it is such a lovely addition of texture. Looks like a great day was had - and as I'm reading backwards I'm off to look at the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chicken wire effect and the journaling bits!
    Also, just got around to visiting and that piggy birthday cake is amazing.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and fabulous Layout!!!
    Love the design and all your amazing details:D:D

    Fab work!

    Happy Easter:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh. I do love those beautiful colours together - and the combo of a full 12x12 with a PL Pocket. That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - a wonderful page & extras - love the memories encapsulated here. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. See you had to say that we really don't want to know the whole story so.....now I want to know lol! Fab pages, I love all the title stickers. Sorry your sister and cousin didn't get to come over, I have also had enough of the weather, I hope your Easter weekend is going better :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! Was someone a bit icky-spew? Loving your work as always Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am spooked just by reading about the story! :) I LOVE the mixed alphas and all the chipboard arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear, it doesn't sound like the ride was much fun. Love how you used your son's words for the title though! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...