Monday, March 04, 2013

Ruffle those Fine Feathers

Sunday the 10th March is Mothers Day here in the UK, so the Fantastic Ribbons DT were asked to share their Mothers Day Cards. 

Washi Tape Feathers - have you seen them? 

I first noticed them on Pinterest and decided to make some myself. 
  • All you will need is your washi tape and a fine wire.
  •  Place a strip of wire down the middle of your washi tape, the length of the tape (and wire) will depend on how long you'd like your feather to be.
  • Fold your tape over and down the other side, leaving a little tape at the end with no wire in it.
  • Shape your tape by slightly tapering the top and rounding each end.
  • Cut into the sides of the tape to create those ruffles.
I look forward to seeing all your projects with your very own handmade washi tape feathers.
 Big or small you can ruffle them all. 

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Louise - and your 'feathers' look even better in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I want to try this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh these look great, ok that's on my list to try now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realise they were washi tape, will have to try this. Gorgeous card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I think I saw these on Pintrest the other day, they look fantastic! Love the card and I think I will definitely have to give these a try after seeing how fab yours turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, I wanted to take a closer look at these on Saturday and then forgot! They look great on your card. Was so lovely to meet you x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! And I love to think that I've seen them for real! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm - how did I miss these on Saturday, ah yeah being out of it does that. Looks great and how fun to get feathers that match your project so nicely! Thanks again for the yummy cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fab! Shall have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a gorgeous card Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Louise x
    Will have a go at making these, thanks for the instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed these on Saturday...must have been too busy eating your yummy cake!...they are lovely...must try making some!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty! ..and very inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great idea and your card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Louise

    Lovely idea and your card is fabulous:)

    Have a nice day:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your washi tape feathers are so pretty, and I really love how you layered the heart on top! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's just brilliant, Washi Tape Feathers! Going to give it a try. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...