Monday, April 08, 2013

Butterflies

Some things I never tire of making.

When the TV flicks between Bear Grylls, American Chopper, American Restoration and Gas Monkeys (you can tell I live in a house full of boys!) I take myself into the dinning room to mess around with paper. I can still see the TV and oooh and arrhh over the nice cars and bikes while joining in on the conversation. 

The frames are so easy to make, I just love them. Every one I've made is slightly different. The papers are a mixture from the Studio Calico Sundrifters and Snippets Range.

 A close up
So you can see all the layers
and the final picture - before it's placed in a box frame.

Is there something you make over and over because you love it/them? I'd love to know if there is.

16 comments:

  1. In my house its Simpsons, any documentary (esp Police Camera Action) and Top Gear. That's when I start scrapping or messing about on the dining room table. I love all the layers on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of butterflies either, and yours is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still love your frames and still need to get around to making one. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, theses are so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each time you make (& blog) these I ooh and Aah over it!! They really are beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top Gear, Survivor Man and How It's Made are my boys programs of choice. Although, now that they are are off at college my daughter and I have sure made up for lost time. lol
    I love your butterfly frame Louise, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are little woks of art! Love the feeling of depth to them …

    ReplyDelete
  8. That should have said " woRks"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You love making them and I love to see them :) They're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I certainly love punching out butterflies and adding them to my layouts. I never tire of seeing that perfectly punched shape appear every time

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful framed butterfly Louise x
    Here the TV is all Top Gear, Pawn Stars, Auction Hunters, Counting Cars...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its football that sends me running. Don't have anything I go to specifically, but just play around!
    Lovely butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Louise! Thank you for your box frame inspiration. The Range do ones perfectly sized for 6x6 and 8x8 layouts and I am thinking of Christmas presents of scrapbook pages. Something I keep doing is..... starting things and not finishing them... that's not really what you meant though is it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sundrifter paper looks so gorgeous as the butterfly wings! I can't think of any one thing I've made over and over. But I certainly repeat techniques again and again! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab-u-lous! Definitely frame-worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...