Sunday, April 21, 2013

Captain America

I wanted to say a big thank you for all your well wishes for my sons thumb. He was back at the hospital on Thursday only to be told that his thumb is broken not fractured. The chipped bone has broken right across the bottom of his thumb! ouch! His hand is plastered now to keep his thumb secure while it mends. He's left handed too so he's struggled with school this week and worried as he has his year 9 SATS in two weeks (love him). More importantly he won't be able to play in the last Rugby game of the season...funny enough he wasn't worried that he's going to struggle to wash though!! Boys eh! Thanks again.
Captain America is my hero of the day. Funny how he was never one of my Super Hero's until last year. After seeing the film and then meeting the "real" Captain America I think he's now made it onto my list. He sits nicely behind Iron Man!

This has to be one of my most favourite holiday snaps. The younger two are in the zone, the oldest is thinking "this isn't cool"! In the true spirit of things and knowing his mum wanted a photo...he was a good sport.
 
There is a glassine envelope under the layers (I do adore these) - you might just be able to make it out. Inside the envelope is a journaling card.

The papers are a mix of scraps really. The title is from the Echo Park Freedom Range with cameras and arrows from SC Snippets range.
So who is your Super Hero please do share.

21 comments:

  1. WOW! How do I love this page Louise? I LOVE it!!!!!! From the super clean background to the bright layers and the yellow borders without forgetting the fantastic shot! It is superb!!! A favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for your son. What a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this too! Such a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch on the break and no rugby (He can have a scribe in Sats reassure him) but yeah funny he wasn't worried about washing - or chores...

    Really like the layers and the glassine envelope pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the thumb, bless him! lol at the washing, looks like mum will have to step back in time!!! He'll do it then!! lol. Gret layout, I don't actually have a superhero :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what it is like to have a boy with broken bones! Love the bright cheerful LO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout! I'm a bit of a Thor fan myself.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it...you can really see that your eldest is somewhat under duress!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor lad, OUCH!!!!
    Gorgeous page! AND you got to meet the "real" captain america **swoon**.
    AS for my fav super hero, probably batman, though I do love most of them, except superman, I prefer brooding rather than goody goody :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a brilliant picture and you have really worked it to great advantage. A page fit for a super hero

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour combo for this Lo Louise x
    I bought a special bag to cover my sons plastered arm so he could still shower, much to his disgust :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no - sorry about the thumb! I love love love this page! And I was already laughing about your older sons lack of enthusiasm before I read your comments! Such a great photo though. We are all looking forward to Iron Man 3 in this household!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've summed up your sons in the photo! Love this page, the layering is great under the photo, I never manage to get that look right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no the poor dear, I hope it heals up quickly and his SAT's go well too. Fantastic layout, I just love that photo! I have lot's of superhero favourites but Iron Man is probably top of the list and Thor is pretty close up there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why is it they always manage to break something on the hand they write with?!? Great layout and a gorgeous photo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great photo! Kudos to your big boy. Spectacular layout too - I love all the layers and the hidden journalling. I bet S is gutted about the rugby, poor chap. Definitely a story to scrap there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is my favourite page of yours yet! Just love the white apace and the cluster of colour ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one stunning layout, my friend. I love all of the little details!

    On another note, so sorry to read about the boy's fractured/broken thumb. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...