Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Family x 1 Blog Hop

For a long time now I have seen Ruth blog her monthly family photo and like most things I see I have thought that it's a jolly good idea. So when I read her most recent post I hopped over to Margie (the family photo blog hop host) and left a message to say I'd love to join in.

My main reason for joining in is to ensure that I take a monthly family photo. I do take a fair amount of photos - but very few are of us all together. This past few weeks I have been thinking about getting our family photo only to find that each time there has been one of us missing!
 It's not a very good start for me is it!

Instead, for my first month I'm going to share a photo of my young cousin who we haven't seen for a while. She has been away at university studying and contacted us all for a family cousin catch up.  Whilst this was to be a family gathering where I hoped to get a photo of us all, the snow put a stop to it. One of my sisters and my other cousin were not able to travel to us due to the weather conditions. It really was a shame.

We had so much to catch up on, that the photos were left to the last minute. Here is my cousin in the middle, me on the left and my younger sister on the right.

   We grabbed my brother quickly, as he was leaving.
 If you'd like to see other family photos then please have a hop around.

Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog


12 comments:

  1. I would love to take family photos but with us spread all over the place it is never going to happen :( and now the girls are holidaying without us even less chance :( xx unless I throw a tantrum at some point and they might agree lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my children hate having their photos taken and moan whenever they see my camera, I wish I could get more family shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great idea and lovely to see your picture..and you have made me think, because I have very very few pictures of me with both my brother and sister. I need to do something about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see you altogether and the black and white just brings out those resemblances. Most of my lot are camera shy and I wouldn't dare suggest a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it very hard to take 'all together' photos too. But I guess photos with someone missing are better than no photo at all! These are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I wasn't the only one not to get a photo of the immediate family this month! Actually catching all the others (ie extended family) is a real achievement as they are not so readily available so well done and welcome to the family 12 x 12 blog hop team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great photos. I'm glad the blog hop inspired you to get some family photos even if they weren't the ones you had in mind. As Jennifer said, some missing are better than none at all. Sorry for my late visit but we are camping and I woke up very sick this morning (so bad, I've checked into a hotel!). I'm finally feeling better now and of course have easy internet access! Thanks for joining us. And I'll look forward to next month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like trying to get a photo of us each month - but have accepted that some months it just isn't going to happen. Nice to get the siblings together - or at least some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only yesterday I was saying to hubby that I don't have enough photos of family groups :) I'm always the one with the camera. Great idea, I'm looking forward to seeing these each month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics, Louise...it can be really hard getting everyone in the same place at the same time!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should really take more family photos, I might try to this year. Your photos are lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...