Monday, April 29, 2013

Fantastic Ribbons

Good Evening to you all. On this fine fresh Spring day the Fantastic Ribbons Design Team will be bringing to you the theme of Flowers this month. 

For the project I had in mind I wanted some light and fluffy flowers and decided to use 
A running stitch was placed along one edge of the lace. The stitch was then pulled together to create the scrunched flower. I made two a few (I got a little carried away...) and used them to decorate an over-sized, layered, shaker tag to accompany a thank you pressie. The flowers are just enough to add texture and dimension.

I haven't used lace to make a scrunchie flower before neither have I tried making shaker tags. A friend showed me how and the effect is really lovely.

The twine, lace and button are all from Fantastic Ribbons. 

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you all feel the need to add some ribbon or lace flowers to your projects this month. 

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a verĊ· pretty post! Loving those shaker tags - is there any chance you might be able to offer us a tutorial? :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely flowers and the tag is amazing. Tutorial sounds good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I was tidying up some lace this morning..now I think I'll go and pull it back out again lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the shaker tag & the floaty frilly flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers, I like the look of the lace.

    The shaker tag caught my eye - just cleared out a box of 'shaker inside bits' from many many years ago. I like the idea of using them for gift tags tho' shall consider that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very very pretty lacy ribbon! I like the flower you've made with it too, must be nice with 3 boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - love all of your creations - shakers rule!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so fun:) Lovin all the colours against the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of lace and something I'll be trying soon x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...