Sunday, April 07, 2013

Story Telling Sunday - Pick Your Precious

It's the first Sunday of the month and time for Pick Your Precious which is hosted by the lovely Sian over at From High in the Sky.....

Today I'm sharing with you the story of a very small toddler who became attached to the very precious Poppy Dog. 
Photo taken this afternoon, while chilling in his PJ's after a tough morning playing Rugby.
As our little man grew and started to talk he said "her" name was Poppy Dog!! Poppy went everywhere with him, she was the most loved and played with Poppy Dog. She ate with him, on occasion bathed with him (it was the only way we could get her clean!)  and slept with him. If Poppy Dog was misplaced then a little someone couldn't sleep and to this day (he was nine two weeks ago) he still cannot sleep without her.

Over the years there have been many many occassions when we've turned family and friends homes upside down, as well as ours, looking for Poppy Dog. Once we lost her for two whole days and nights. A little someone was in despair, no other cuddly dog was able to offer any comfort.

She was found safe and sound, asleep in a lunchbox. I'd forgotten that he'd had a lunchbox out to carry Poppy around in when he was playing. I don't think I've ever been so relieved.

When our little man was old enough to understand (and accept) that Poppy Dog might get lost if he took her out, she was left at home - keeping his pillow warm. Now she only accompanies him on holidays.

I've been meaning to take a photo of Stanley and his precious Poppy Dog for a while now, so thank you to Sian for Pick Your Precious.

23 comments:

  1. And what a gorgeous photo it is too! The black and white adds to the intimate feel and I love that. It's really good to have a special friend and I do like the sound of a lunch box carry case. I think I might have to suggest that one to Little E who takes Teddy Pippin with him everywhere!

    Thanks Louise. poppy Dog is precious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing photo! I understand the attachment, and in some ways hope my little boys have an attachment to a toy like this...although it is difficult when washing them or losing them!!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pic! <3 it! Thx for stopping by my blog again :) Catch up soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little dog, and child! I agree that the photo is absolutely adorable. I find it quite endearing when a child loves something like that so much. It's not always so good for the parent, however, when it gets lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful photo! Really lovely ... The relationship between them is loud and clear :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I can understand his love for Poppy Dog - we had to do similar discussions about Winnie the Pooh who liked to stay home and have a nap rather than risk being lost. But that took a lot of work on our part to come to that agreement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo Louise x
    It really shows what a close relationship they have together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww lovely story. My Rob still has his Ted on his bed:) Ted was my husbands originally so he is a little worn (ted not hubby)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous photo of them both. My two both had attachments to a special friend like that. My son decided when he was about 6, that he didn't need his any more and it was washed and put away. My daughter was quite a bit older, but it would come out again when she was poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely story and a gorgeous picture to go with it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute story and photo, do keep Poppy Dog safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Louise, what an amazing photo and your story is just so so special

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great snap, and aren't you clever for figuring out that Poppy needed to be a stay-at-home-dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great pic!...I hope Poppy Dog remains precious for a long time to come!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely story and beautiful picture to go with it. Yes well done on realising that Poppy Dog needed to be at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great story and one I can relate to in this house it is Thomas the cat!! Who has been loved for 18yrs now and still goes to bed with her!!!
    Great photo to go with the story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful story, and fabulous photo! I wish I had taken a photo of my daughter and her very special teddy bear named Smoosh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have Harry Bear in our lives. I love the photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This photo is lovely. I feel very sad that all my precious teddies and dolls collected over the years got lost when me and hubby went travelling 7 years ago. They were all stored together at my in-laws, and must have been mistaken as trash, as they are definitely not there any longer. It's silly how much I still miss them now! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it is so cute---how Poppy is perched on his shoulder!! I do hope you keep him/her forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is SUCH a wonderful picture Louise! Great skills and gorgeous little man.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet photo and a great story of something very precious.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that is so cute. Love the photo. I have documented one of mine with ther precious toy - but not the other. I need a candid photo like yours to do the story justice though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...