Thursday, May 23, 2013

Main Street USA

I've moved on, flipped a few pages and come to the Magic Kingdom Disney Park.

I'm still stitching on the pages and am going to try to keep this up throughout the album. I'm really liking how a little stitch adds texture to a page....and all the practice means that I can stitch a fair way in a straight line now. This layout is one that I finished a few weeks back and never got around to sharing.

We arrived at the park around 11 o'clock, much later than normal because we had a hearty breakfast at the Cracker Barrell first....(Gosh, I loved that restaurant.....but not the Grits!! ). The park was open until 10pm and we wanted to stay and watch the firework display., so we thought a good breakfast would set us up for the day. Only trouble is we weren't the only ones to be thinking this. Millions of others did too. We arrived on what must have been the busiest day of the year. (after speaking to a friend who has been out there over Easter with queues of 90 minutes or more, I realise now that maybe this really wasn't anywhere near the busiest day of the year, at all!!). 

This park was so picturesq, I spent ages walking down Main Street taking photos and watching the parades/entertainers. It's times like these that I can see how fast my three are growing up. I mean...there were photo opportunities with Mini Mouse and Daisy Duck and the boys were just not interested.
Thank you once again for all your kind words. I am getting back into the swing of things...a little slow...but getting there. I am itching to get some scrapping done.

19 comments:

  1. Queues and crowds are the worst things about places like Disney! I am so looking forward to having a pliable baby to take pics of! I like the stitching on this layout and the mix of different types of alphas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great page - I was about to be SO impressed that you were sewing already. Minnie Mouse is one of my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy days! Love your style so so much. HATE queueing! Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super page - great design with the blocks of colour and the white space for contrast nut my favourite bit is how you did the title ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout Louise, how do you whittle down all your photos? we're off to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks and can imagine coming back with hundreds! I'm so excited for my 3 year olds reactions to all the characters, especially Mickey and Buzz Lightyear! Your boys are probably at the stage when they're too cool for Mickey though! Glad you're feeling better.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the mixed title and the design! Sewing is one of my favorite things on pages too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic page Louise, love the sewing :) Oh those ques sound a nightmare, but everything else sounds wonderful! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better too! Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your album must really be filling up Louise x
    We don't like queuing in the heat, it's so tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful, fresh looking page :) Grits? Always wanted to know what they were..was very disappointed when I found out

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be really happy with how your album is looking, every layout is great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boys must be different to girls...Kirsty would STILL push little children out of the way to have her pic taken with Minnie and Mickey :)
    Glad to hear you're beginning to feel better...can you send me your address-have a little happy Mail for you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page Louise. Lol made me laugh that you was disappointed the boys didn't want their photo taken with Minnie Mouse. This is the age where you start to embarrass them......I go out my way to actually:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great page that's making me wish I could sit and flick through your album in real life :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is wonderful - all that white space really highlights the picture and the other choices you made. I think you are more in the swing than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layout is gorgeous---and those happy colors---perfect for a Disney page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When we walked into disneyland last week, my daughter Clara was really struck by the magic of Main Street, USA.
    Rinda (who's doing a bit of catch-up today)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I envy you! I went to this park in 1990 and still remember lots of it. Great layout!
    Hugs
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you circles the date on here! Well done for practising your stitching. I love Main Street every time, there's always something going on there! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...