Friday, May 31, 2013

May's Month in Numbers

 Julie Kirk hosts My Month in Numbers over at Notes on Paper. It's a great way of recording some of the things that may not make otherwise be recorded and whilst I haven't completed a layout to go with my numbers for a while now, it's good to know that they are noted down.

Onto the numbers.

5. days of nice warm sunny weather. So sunny that the boys were able to sit in the garden without getting a damp bum. Me I spent 2. afternoons reading my book in the sun (...on a Garden Chair) recovering from surgery.
4. books read this month. 3. of which I downloaded on to my phone. Thanks to my techy sister who knows how to do such things. Now I'm told I need a Kindle!

5.5. hours in total spent in theatre and recovery.


2.30.pm. the time of Jack's survival exhibition at school. The reason for his obsession this with Bear Grylls. Unfortunately I couldn't go as it was the day after my op, (I really don't like missing the things the boys do) so Dad took lots of photos for me.
 4. Touch rugby games played by the parents and coaches. Col was 
 coxed into a team and ended up playing in 3 out of the 4 games. He thoroughly enjoyed himself.
4. trophies and 1 medal taken away by the boys from the 2 end of season rugby presentations.
 
4. boys (including H) gave a short speech thanking their 4 rugby coaches for their commitment and dedication to the boys and the team. They have gone from strength to strength and are looking forward to next season.
  Looking back over this quiet month number 4 seems to figure a great deal. It has been lovely to spend time at home, reading and crafting.... oh and recovering. Yesterday was the first time I've felt able to drive again since my operation so it's back to normality for a while now.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you all have that Friday feeling and enjoy your weekend .

21 comments:

  1. Great set of numbers Louise x
    Good to hear you are now feeling well enough to drive again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month of recovery..i guess at least it forced you to relax. I plan to read some good books and catch up on box sets in my maternity leave- pre baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must of missed that nice weather:) Glad to hear you are recovering a little, at least your mobile now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great numbers Louise, except for the 5.5 one :( Hopefully June will have 30 days where you can sit out without a damp bum :) Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased you are seeing some progress after your op. hopefully a bit of June sunshine will help you feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get a Kindle, you will love it. I have the cheapest, most basic one and I don't think I could live without it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading your numbers Louise and I am happy to see that you are recovering nicely! Reading in the sun sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Well done to the boys for all their achievements. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you are getting better... any recommendations for books to read??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crikey you're brave driving! I remember the first time I drove after I hurt my arm and I was doing fine until I had to do a sharp left turn! I hope you get more sunshine so you can continue to take it easy when you can.

    You must have been so proud when he gave the thank you speech - he looks very grown up in that photo [and I don't even know him!]

    I've added you to the board now Louise: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Happy June - may it be a healthy one for you.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of those months where we are reminded how things keep going even when we can't be a part of it all...not always easy, but sounds like you have kept going cheerfully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you recover soon. It's so nice to sit in the sun and read

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I would never own a kindle but love it now, you certainly had an eventful month it didn't look quiet to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunshine and a good book sound just the ticket for recovery and glad you got some of both - though sorry about the op :(. Haven't the men in your household done well? Hope you have been able to feel proud!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely month in numbers and it's great to hear your recovery is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely to hear you're recovering xxxx

    Great month in numbers x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you are recovering from your operation ... and that you are having some nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that first photo of your son, and the parent rugby game is classic!!!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very glad to hear that you are on the mend Louise! Every time I see their rugby strip it makes me smile. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are feeling better - great set of numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The 2 afternoons spent sitting in the sun, reading your book, sound lovely, even if they were brought on by the need to recover. Sometimes life forces us to take a break. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...