Saturday, May 18, 2013

Simply a moment

On the 15th of the month alexa asks us to share a simply moment in time. So far this year these simple moments have been quiet significant ones for me. Today's moment included.

15 May 2013
It's 6.50am, the door is closed and the ward is in darkness. I look at the few people lining the corridor and wonder what lies ahead for them today. At 7am sharp the doors open, the lights come on and we are all urged to enter the ward. Nurses appear and guide us to our assigned bed. I sit down, Col moves a chair to sit with me and before long a steady flow of doctors introduce themselves and ask a long list of questions. Mid morning I was told, the nurse starts to carry out her checks when she is interrupted. There is an air of urgency and I am told that I am now first for surgery and wanted in theatre in ten minutes! 

Never before have I been so grateful to wake up and enjoy a pot of tea.
The most significant moment for me was when the surgeon spoke to me as I came around in recovery and told me the operation was unsuccessful!! This I am still trying to come to terms with.

I want to thank you all for your kind words in texts and emails. I am a little more with it now and intend to spend my recovery catching up on all my blog reading.

20 comments:

  1. Spine chilling,Louise.
    Hope there is more they can do for you
    Hugs from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, sending you lots of love enjoy all the blog surfing and get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Louise, and so sorry to read that it has not been a success :(. I am struggling to imagine what it must be like to go through all of this. Sending you very best wishes, and very touched that you have shared it with us and linked up again this month. Thank- you so much ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise
    I have been out of blog land for a while so please forgive me for not knowing about this and ofcourse leaving comments to wish you well before.
    I wasn't aware you were ill and am unaware what you needed an operation for (I will got back and read your previous posts)
    I am so sorry to read this, but please know my thoughts are with you, sending you hugs and wishing you well.
    Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon Louise......c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, you are in my prayers. I hope that whatever you are going through that there is relief in sight for you. Your friend in the blogging world. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending love & gentle hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unsuccessful? Oh, Louise, I'm so sorry. I'm hoping maybe that there is something else they can try? Thinking of you as you recover over the next few days. I hope those boys are fetching and carrying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a disappointment. I just hope that whatever your doctor has planned next works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Louise,
    That's heart breaking. Wishing and hoping that alternatives present themselves.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading backwards - touched that you've recorded this post and linked up. Thinking of you and holding you in the light. Enjoy that scrapping and blog reading recovery time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry that the op didn't go to plan, hopefully the next stage will come quickly for you. Sending you a big virtual hug x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hunny, I'm sending you all my love & gentle hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew I had missed a post somehow! I hope you are all better and over the operation and the anaesthetic despite the outcome of the surgery. Sending you hugs for the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you all the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am so sorry to read your news, I will keep you in my thoughts. Recover, and go on...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so sorry to hear that the surgery was unsuccessful, I do hope that things start to improve x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am only now catching up on your blog and reading about this! I am so sorry to hear that your surgery was not a success! How frustrating! I hope your recovery is smooth and speedy!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, I am here for a big catch up - I have been reading your blog in snatches but not commenting as I've been so rushed - I am very very sorry about that.

    I hope that this moment of disappointment now seems like a distant memory... funny how a pot of tea always makes things seem better eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...