Friday, May 03, 2013

SJ Crafts Sketch Challenge

Today SJ Crafts has launched a sketch challenge to get you all in the spirit for National Scrapbook Day tomorrow.

If you would like to win a £10 voucher to spend in SJ Crafts shop then please pop across to SJ Crafts blog to find out what you have to do. Before you go though you might want to scroll down a little further to see the layout I created using the sketch. The challenge is open until the end of May so there's no rush.
What do you think about sketch's? You can use them as they are, rotate them, add to them, adjust them. For me using a sketch doesn't always mean that the finished layout looks like the sketch and that's what I like about them, they are open to interpretation.

You'll see what I mean with the layout I created below. Instead of the layering as shown in the sketch I placed papers/embellishments where the layers should have been.
You may have noticed that I spelt a word incorrectly. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I do, especially when one of the boys points it out to me *laugh* Spelling  never was my forte. It's not the first time and I dare say it won't be the last! How about you? good speller or bad speller?.
What do you think? Will you find some time to join in with SJ Crafts sketch challenge
 Whatever your plans are, over this glorious weekend we will have, I hope you find some time for crafting.
 Happy Holidays x

19 comments:

  1. Oh thank you just what I needed a sketch to help me complete my next layout - yes you did read that right Louise (that will be four this year!!!!) lol .xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! The colors in your embellies and all that white space really make it pop.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sketches can be a great source of inspiration can't they :)
    I hadn't noticed any spelling errors but Im hopeless at spelling !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and sketch. My spelling is not great despite being an English teacher! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I I really like your pretty clustering of the stitching, and the tag ... A great replacement for the possible paper. Do take care with any heavy lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Lou, love it as always and would also love to join in, had it not been for the fact that I haven't yet located the box with all my scrapbook stuff... Oh the joy of moving :-)
    Have a fantastic bank holiday weekend
    Gitte xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like that you used just the structure if not the layers. Wonderful page - the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great sketch (saving it on my desktop thank you!) and I like what you did with it. I did not notice any spelling error but rather the lines of red paint, they are so very cool! You have to share how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I love sketches and really like the way you have adapted it to suit your style and your photos and I didn't even notice the spelling mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous page - really striking. Might see if I can find time to have a crack at this but have a wedding tomorrow, with an overnight stay, and a decorator coming Tuesday to prepare for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a really cute page! I'm not a bad speller, but I'm definitely responsible for my fair share of layout bloopers. I have covered up plenty of accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sketches...am hoping to attempt this one!..love your interpretation of it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sketches to get my mojo going when I'm stuck for inspiration. Love the LO. Happy NSD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol ... Louise I can't tell you how much I giggled at the fact your boys pointed out your spelling mistake. I can't spell to save my life, they'd have a field day with my layouts lol.

    You always inspire me, this layout is fabulous,and such a good sketch, I may just pop on over and take part :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this layout Louise and how you interpreted the sketch! Ok, we now need a tutorial on creating the inked lines!! Yours look so good! I didn't even see the spelling error until you mentioned it and then had to really look for it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that sketch and I love your take on it, I'm definitely having a go at this one x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the way you have interpreted this! So clever.
    As for spelling, I'm a secretary in a secondary school and my boss is an ex-English teacher so she is super critical of anything like that. The thing that I'm most conscious of is apostrophes in the wrong place - I think that years of working with her is finally rubbing off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the way you've interpreted the sketch. I double check any titles - but then my Mom is an editor/proof reader and I'm married to and produced a pedant... I do like the sewn on letter stickers, really hope the next house I can have my sewing machine out more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...