Monday, May 06, 2013

Story Telling Sunday - Pick your Precious

On the first Sunday of the month Sian from From High in the Sky hosts Pick Your Precious. 
A time for sharing.

I am a little late to the party, mainly as we've been enjoying this lovely Bank Holiday and partly because I wasn't sure what to share. I have a few things that are precious to me yet today didn't feel like the day to share them. 

This morning I was drinking a cuppa on the patio in the early morning sun (these are the best mornings) looking around the garden and thinking that the Camila needed tidying. 

This plant always reminds me of my lovely lovely father-in-law who we lost twelve years ago. He brought us this plant for our very first garden, 19-20 years ago now.  On the two occasions we have moved house the plant has come with us. I am surprised it has lasted this long I have to say. The flower is beautiful, it definitely brightens up our garden. Very precious indeed.
Thank you Sian for reminding me of all things precious.

20 comments:

  1. I love camilias, and that photo is beautiful. How lucky that it has survived the moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm enjoying a cuppa on the patio in the morning, sounds wonderful, especially with such a beautiful coloured flower to keep you company. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS precious, Louise!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly is precious and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very precious Louise. I hope it continues to flower for a very long time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore these plants! I am really partial to any plants also that have a special place with us for some reason so this one is precious on so many levels. And yes, morning cuppas on the patio are medicine for the soul indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching story all wrapped up in such a fragile thing! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful I love the colour, and you aren't the only one who takes plants between houses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really lovely one Louise. It's funny, isn't it. I've noticed it too - some things feel right for a month when other things don't!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps I hope it keeps on flowering for a long time to come too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photo! Plants are definitely precious when they hold such memories. Glad that you've moved it successfully and hope it flowers for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning picture of a beautiful flower. I have plants in my jungle of a garden that I planted for special people in my life. It is such a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower is gorgeous! What a great reminder of a precious family member. I would love to come have a "cuppa" with you---if that means tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely that its continuing life reminds of you of him and his, and that it flourishes ... Such a vibrant colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely that its continuing life reminds you of his, and that it flourishes so wonderfully .... Such a vibrant colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely thing. Very precious indeed. You are lucky that it moved with you. I tried to move a camellia once... but then I don't have green fingers. This year, all the flowers look very vibrant after our long, darkish winter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so, so precious and it's great that it's travelled so well x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful colors! I missed your story last weekend, as I've been busy.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...